joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2015 General disco

Geos

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's really impressive to have a dewpoint of 2° anywhere in the Midwest in April!

Dewpoint of 19° here for a time this afternoon. Down to 36° imby - forecasted to go to 28° tonight.

I would definitely say no thanks to a 90° dewpoint!  :lol:

The temp is up to 51, but with thick clouds, a dewpoint of only 20 and an increasing breeze, it feels pretty chilly.

That would feel warm in Milwaukee, we have had numerous days in the 30s and 40s, and all of these seemingly featured a blustery wind.  I would take 51F at this time of day anyday.

DTW had a high yesterday of 43 (missed record by 3F) and a low this morning of 29 (missed record by 2F). Im trying to figure out why DET city has been constantly colder than DTW for two days straight now. DET high of 39 would have been the record and this mornings low of 28 would have been 1 degree shy. Its amazing how many record lows and almost record lows Detroit has set the last 16 months.

DTW had a high yesterday of 43 (missed record by 3F) and a low this morning of 29 (missed record by 2F). Im trying to figure out why DET city has been constantly colder than DTW for two days straight now. DET high of 39 would have been the record and this mornings low of 28 would have been 1 degree shy. Its amazing how many record lows and almost record lows Detroit has set the last 16 months.

That IS really weird. During the day it makes sense because of the proximity of City Airport to Lake St. Clair, but at night it's more puzzling. Even at that, it was colder yesterday at times than even the lake is.

I remember back in the 90's when I was a kid, City Airport was almost ALWAYS was the warm spot out of the two. Heck, even during that long stretch with no 100 degree days at Detroit from 1995 to 2011, it made it to 102 and 100 respectively on a couple of days in that 5 day heatwave of August 2001. DTW only managed 96 and 99 degrees.

We got very little precip for several weeks in early spring, but now we can't turn it off.  This afternoon/evening I got a surprise 0.93" from a back-building area of showers and storms.  I should go over 5 inches for the month tomorrow morning when the deformation zone swings up this way.

Since 8am.

1zv940j.jpg

Good test today to see how LAF does compared to local observers with rainfall. Through 7:00 AM this morning, the airport was the low total...as usual. Maybe Hoosier and his Dust Bowl II buddy have installed a lid on the gauge at LAF. :whistle:

We'll revisit this tomorrow morning. 

LAF: 0.13"

Lafayette 2.2 S: 0.22"

West Lafayette 5.1 WSW: 0.21"

Lafayette 2.2 NE: 0.19"

West Lafayette 2.8 NE: 0.20"

Been quite drippy since about 8 last night....heard one low rumble last night. Radar trends look like the drip will continue for a good chunk of the day with some embedded soakers.

The "dreaded cold" of the last week wasn't bad at all. Seemed chilly compared to the above average before...but looking at the month as a whole, this seems to be like any other normal April. Some cool days, some warm days, some bright days, some drippy days.

Looks like we get back to and possibly above average by mid to late next week.

Crockpot day on tap after a trip to the ice rink with the rats later this morning.

Archived