12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April 2015 General disco

Geos

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have thoroughly enjoyed the past weeks weather.  The snow is almost gone and I have been outside cleaning up.  Snow hit so soon after the leaves fell last Fall,  I wasn't able to clear them properly. 

Looking forward to the rain tonight and tomorrow, as that will likely clean up the rest of Winter's snow, but the weather following the rain is a bitter pill to swallow after the past weeks top notch  Spring weather.

Didn't get any thunder here but there was a very solid downpour for about 10-15 minutes.

Yep, the lightning went "poof" once the band came onshore from Lake Erie.

Oh well! I got a brief downpour, but it didn't last more than a couple minutes and was just enough to "dampen" the ground.

Just over a half inch at LAF.

Hmmm, seems a bit too low. But, it is LAF after all.

Local CoCoRaHS observer rainfall totals:

Lafayette 2.2 S: 0.83"

Lafayette 2.2 NE: 0.76"

West Lafayette 2.8 NE: 0.81"

West Lafayette 5.1 WSW: 1.46"

My tippy bucket says 1.19 for a total so far.

This system really dumped on us, much more than expected.  I ended up with 2.10".  I was just hoping for over a half inch, but we got lucky with some early spotty bands of potent showers and then last night's deformation zone pivoted and parked right over me.  We were pretty dry a couple weeks ago and the yellow was expanding on the drought map, but 3.7" of rain over the last two weeks has put a quick end to that.  Unfortunately, a few counties between Cedar Rapids and the Quad Cities are still bone dry as they've missed both recent rain events that dumped on me.

Archived