12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April 2015 General disco

Geos

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a weather station but I'm not online.  There is no internet service available here, but I have a decent view of the At&t tower near Big Bay and I'm able to hotspot my phone off of that for internet service.  The tower is way outdated and down about 25% of the time....life in the UP

Wow, you're almost off the grid...literally. Hard to imagine we're in the same state. Pretty cool.

Mild low of only 41 this morning.  Should be another day in the mid 60's (normal high 48) before a nice late weekend rain and then an extended period of snow showers next week with high only in the 30's.  Not liking that.  Itching to get out and do some Spring cleanup.

Next year we need to do thread titled, "When will bo's snow cam melt?"

haha :D

Wow, seems like eons since I have seen the ground in any of your house shots.

Have had snow on the ground since Halloween, almost 6 months straight.  Most of the snow should be gone this weekend except some deeper patches in the woods and some deep snow still on the north side of my house in the more shaded areas.  I actually shoveled some away yesterday and spread it out to melt quicker.

Wow, you're almost off the grid...literally. Hard to imagine we're in the same state. Pretty cool.

Yeah it's pretty nuts.  Hughes net wouldn't even provide satellite service.  They said they have reached their customer  capacity here due to the high demand in Marquette I guess.

Sometimes this crap tower here will go out for a few days at a time and I'll have to drive down towards Marquette to pick up another one to get online.

On my way to Chicago as a first time visitor. Only a short layover, but looking like a great day their today 75 and sunny. Any place around the airport you recommend for food?

The airport is in the middle of a mess of highways, rail yards and industrial sprawl on the edge of the city. Unless you have time to ride the train into the city, your best bet by far is Tortas Frontera in the airport.

The airport is in the middle of a mess of highways, rail yards and industrial sprawl on the edge of the city. Unless you have time to ride the train into the city, your best bet by far is Tortas Frontera in the airport.

Is that a Rick Bayless place?  The guy is a little weird, but a good chef.  I know he has a restaurant or 2 in chicago. 

Maybe a run at 80F today...  almost game over...  6z and 0z did seem a tad not so end of the world ...  maybe we'll get squeak out a nice day or 2 next week.

Is that a Rick Bayless place?  The guy is a little weird, but a good chef.  I know he has a restaurant or 2 in chicago. 

Maybe a run at 80F today...  almost game over...  6z and 0z did seem a tad not so end of the world ...  maybe we'll get squeak out a nice day or 2 next week.

yep

sad but true

Don't quote me on this but I think a warmer than average April (which seems likely as the upcoming below average temps probably won't be enough to erase the positive departures) leads to a greater likelihood of the upcoming summer being average to above average compared to when April is cooler than average.  I think Tim or I looked into it before.

Don't quote me on this but I think a warmer than average April (which seems likely as the upcoming below average temps probably won't be enough to erase the positive departures) leads to a greater likelihood of the upcoming summer being average to above average compared to when April is cooler than average.  I think Tim or I looked into it before.

i won't dispute some loose historical correlation 

but i think cool summer is the smart call here

Back down in the mid 60s now with an East breeze. Definitely will be enjoying tomorrow before the rain moves in Sunday.

NE winds and rain - yuck!

nam4km_ref_ncus_17.png

I am fine with all the rain, we could use a nice steady rain here. What I am not fine with is the nonsense next week, especially after being in the mid 70s today. Just what we need is for everything to bloom and then some garbage cold air comes in, killing everything.

Today was just about as perfect of a spring day as it gets.

I am fine with all the rain, we could use a nice steady rain here. What I am not fine with is the nonsense next week, especially after being in the mid 70s today. Just what we need is for everything to bloom and then some garbage cold air comes in, killing everything.

Yeah, I seriously hope we don't go below freezing next week but unfortunately it looks like at the very least the suburbs are gonna get a hard freeze. :axe:

Gil Sebenste of NIU Weather thinks that all modes of svr could occur Sunday south of a Peoria-Rensselaer line including the possibility of some significant tornadoes.  I wonder what he is seeing that SPC isn't at present.

Strange.  Highly sheared environment but instability is lacking to say the least.

Archived