12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April 2015 General disco

Geos

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One year ago tonight, the last snowfall of the historic winter of 2013-14 began. It had been in the 70s the morning of the 14th, and the temp then plummeted during the evening as rain developed and quickly turned to snow. DTW ended up recording 3.2" of snow which brought the season total to a record-breaking 94.9". I remember being quite surprised at how big of a news story it was, and how so many people were so excited that Detroit broke its all-time season snow record (especially after they were long ready for spring).

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=dtx&storyid=100198&source=2

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/04/15/metro-detroit-did-we-break-the-snowfall-record/

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25248851/spring-storm-breaks-detroit-seasonal-snowfall-record

http://www.clickondetroit.com/weather/tuesdays-spring-snow-could-help-break-record/25486440

4033-800.jpg

4036-800.jpg

4038-800.jpg

I remember that snow well last year at this time! 

This week isn't looking as warm as it was portrayed several days ago. Just 50s and one day near 60° in my forecast this week. Kind of chilly out there tonight. Generous sunshine today pushed the temp to 62°.

Since weather is slow, figured I would share the deck project photos. (I get to supervise while I continue to heal from my car accident)

That's so funny I started my patio project this week as well. I'm pouring concrete though. Soil BTW is bone dry. Hope you are having a speedy recovery

A year ago, while some of you were seeing your final measurable snowfall of the season, I was getting 4.52" of rain.

It has been very pleasant here, although the wind a couple days ago was a bit much.  Yesterday we hit 70 with light wind.  We should hit 70 again three of the next four days.  This spring so far has had a general good week, bad week, good week, bad week pattern, and that should continue as next week is looking much cooler again.

I can't believe the cold the GFS is showing with the polar vortex coming near MI in about 10 days or so time. 2 chances at some snow yet this season here. Once upon a time I saw 8" of really wet cement snow in may with leaves on the trees, I went outside that night to watch and listen to the trees /  branches break and snap in the snow, it was crazy. I just noticed the first leaves are starting to come onto the trees here today.

Beautiful day today. 64 was the high, however today was wonderful in that it wasn't windy. Seems like every warm day we've enjoyed so far has came with 20-30 mph winds

Sent from my iPhone

That's how it always is in the Spring time, as the warmer air advecting over the residual cold air at the surface forms a surface inversion...

from LOT, yesterday

RECORD EVENT REPORT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL  
525 PM CDT TUE APR 14 2015  

..RECORD LOWEST RELATIVE HUMIDITY TIED FOR THE CHICAGO AREA  

THE LOWEST RELATIVE HUMIDITY OF 13% WAS TIED TODAY AT OHARE AIRPORT.   
THIS TIES THE RECORD FOR CHICAGO WHICH WAS LAST SET APRIL 8 1971 AND   
ALSO APRIL 11 1956 AND MAY 10 1934.

Funny that they all happened around the same general time of the year. People usually think of spring as being a wet/moist season.

I think it sorta makes sense that this time of year would be favored for such a thing, as there's a lack of vegetation and it's easier for moisture to get scoured out.  Obviously summer airmasses can be pretty dry but the deck is stacked against something like this...unless you're in the desert lol

No more live weather data from my station.  Computer crapped out earlier today.  Not gonna put the new one through the pain of running 24/7 uploading to the net.  Also, the software is apparently not compatible with this crappy windows 8.1, so won't even have any monthly graphs anymore.  

I had the same issue a few years ago. My Davis software didn't play well with Windows XP. I tried a few things to make it work, but finally gave up. No more graphs and no more uploading. Oh well, at least the station itself is still working after 12 years.

wonderful day.  63 and sunny with passing mid clouds.  5th day of the past 6 with temps in the 60's.

Dreading the cool down and accumulating snow in the forecast.

remaining snowpack has been stubborn as heck.  This is what's left as of right now.

attachicon.gifIMG_1732.PNG

Got up to 64 down here in Saginaw this afternoon. Do you have a weather website showing your current conditions? Would like to check out from time to time how it is up there.

Mike

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMISAGIN8

Got up to 64 down here in Saginaw this afternoon. Do you have a weather website showing your current conditions? Would like to check out from time to time how it is up there.

Mike

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMISAGIN8

I have a weather station but I'm not online.  There is no internet service available here, but I have a decent view of the At&t tower near Big Bay and I'm able to hotspot my phone off of that for internet service.  The tower is way outdated and down about 25% of the time....life in the UP

wonderful day.  63 and sunny with passing mid clouds.  5th day of the past 6 with temps in the 60's.

remaining snowpack has been stubborn as heck.  This is what's left as of right now.

attachicon.gifIMG_1732.PNG

Next year we need to do thread titled, "When will bo's snow cam melt?"

Wow, seems like eons since I have seen the ground in any of your house shots.

Archived