Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Space Weather Discussion

ApacheTrout

2 minutes ago, NJHurricane said:

And what’s it look like to the naked eye?

The sky was pink and green and at time a deep red to the naked eye....I have personally never seen anything like it in my lifetime, you could see the pillars without any camera. The details were definitely pulled out using the camera.

7 minutes ago, NJHurricane said:

And what’s it look like to the naked eye?

Up here in central New Hampshire I can say that the picture that your commenting on is just how it looked with the naked eye. These were definitely bright and stood out. Clouds now filled in maybe we can get another one in tomorrow night

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

The sky was pink and green and at time a deep red to the naked eye....I have personally never seen anything like it in my lifetime, you could see the pillars without any camera. The details were definitely pulled out using the camera.

Congrats and thank you for the description….pulled off the highway an hour south of Plattsburgh NY….plenty of stars but no aurora….lol at a complete loss now that I’m out of the clouds as to why

Just got back from going to top of the street where there are no street lights. Could see a pillar very clearly. Lasted about 5 min with naked eye before fading. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Yeah, that was super cool. Hopefully we get a repeat performance tomorrow night.

Here’s a pic we got. Obv exposure-enhanced but that pink/purple pillar was very visible with naked eye and the glow around it actually got decently bright for a couple min. The green lower down you couldn’t see with naked eye. 

IMG_3095.jpeg

• Like 1

Took this with my Pixel 6, but pillars and heavy heavy pink def visible. Did take quite a while for the eyes to adjust. Noticeably better looking W towards Winchendon and the Hubb vs FIT/Leom, would fade between different shades of pink and green.  c1_20240510_22562599.thumb.jpeg.0cc1fd3c3bf595a6b810906fee4a0db6.jpeg

c1_20240510_22553496.jpeg

6 minutes ago, timp said:

IMG_7531-compressed.thumb.jpeg.d1abfa28c4fbf5ee3042e45b0f0cc117.jpegIMG_7537-compressed.thumb.jpeg.0e5536116f173c49dc83f25a70b8cf67.jpegCrazy night! 30 minutes north of Stowe from the backyard. Wife’s new IPhone camera was great. 

Where is that? 
That is pretty ridiculous. I saw something close to that in northern Vermont 15 years ago but that is intense! 

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Lol, didn’t see your text below the pics. 

Couldn’t get text to the top for some reason haha. We’re in Hyde Park. Setup lawn chairs looking north at first but turned around and color was visible to the naked eye to the south west. Then it was just a 360° show. Laid on our backs to get a lot of pics. IMG_7553-compressed.thumb.jpeg.fdaa1182226b0ae13284eddb2512787d.jpeg 

• Like 2