joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Humpidity Thumpidity dumper/anafront obs 3/3-5 /2015

Ginx snewx

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting...you can see the line lagging a bit on the shoreline. Don't see that much. Sleet is definitely starting to take over here...still probably 50/50...but pinging getting louder.

Why is it doing that?  Coastline holds better why?  That's Crazy.  No matter what, you'd always think they lose first.  

I have a rather neat situation going on here, I have sleet, but mixed in is very fine/tiny/dusty looking snow, which is obscuring the visibility.  When I look out, I think it's just snowing, but when I went out, I have good sized sleet pellets mixed in, but alot of that snow I just described above.  I haven't seen that before.

Why is it doing that?  Coastline holds better why?  That's Crazy.  No matter what, you'd always think they lose first.  

After watching the loop, it's clear the cold temps of LIS are actually helping slow the advancement of the mix line for a change. Pretty neat. But couldn't hold it off for ever...we're finally at 90% sleet. 

I have a rather neat situation going on here, I have sleet, but mixed in is very fine/tiny/dusty looking snow, which is obscuring the visibility.  When I look out, I think it's just snowing, but when I went out, I have good sized sleet pellets mixed in, but alot of that snow I just described above.  I haven't seen that before.

Same thing here too. It's probably  the lower levels are so cold but aloft is torching

After watching the loop, it's clear the cold temps of LIS are actually helping slow the advancement of the mix line for a change. Pretty neat. But couldn't hold it off for ever...we're finally at 90% sleet.

does that mean you stay below freezing longer? I had a thought ice could be a bigger problem down there than advertised for that reason.

Nah the warming is way upstairs. LIS isn't making any difference.

Archived