amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 5th Snow Threat

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the NDFD? As the foundation of the NWS Digital Services Program, the National Digital Forecast Database (NDFD) consists of gridded forecasts of sensible weather elements (e.g., cloud cover, maximum temperature). NDFD contains a seamless mosaic of digital forecasts from NWS field offices working in collaboration with the National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP). 

Ah, I guess I could have just googled that. Thanks. :)

I grew up in two towns of less than 5,000 and one less than 20,000 so I know the city isn't the greatest thing ever. Tho if I wanted to live in not the city it may not be this area.. Jobs are good though. I kinda like the 80 dew point obs too.. Ain't getting that in Manchester.

i love dc...it's one of the greatest cities on the planet.  just like being able to leave it at the end of the day or evening.  jobs are becoming more and more location agnostic.  it's always quaint when people root for snow related opm delays or shutdowns, so they don't have to "go in to" work.  anybody that can't do their work from somewhere else will be left behind eventually, or be stuck with wage ceilings.

love height of summer days in the city.  95 and tropical humid is the best.  makes my bones feel good.

At hr 66, 16 of the 20 GEFS members suggest >0.50" QPF in a six hour period... how much is snow depends on changeover time, which some members are already in the middle of doing that at 60

ETA: There are a few members that have DCA around or >0.75" QPF in a six hour period -- c000/p019/p007 -- hr 66 is ripping snow on those 3 as the thicknesses have passed back just after hr 60

Very nice read Wes. It's asking a lot to get 5"+ in the cities with this setup. I hope we haven't seen the best model runs yet but unfortunately my wag is we have.

My fear is the models may be underestimating the SE ridge and a UKMET solution could be in play.

Archived