amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 5th Snow Threat

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really have a feeling with this system. It's not a common pattern and the models are not on to its full potential yet. Full Pacific and Gulf tap means serious business and when tossed into arctic air would bring a jackpot event. It's narrow but it's gonna happen somewhere.

Winchester is... there is a warm layer at 700-800mb... at hr 54, 775-800mb are nearly +5

I suspected something was up when I saw all the precip was along the -10C 850mb line.   Much more likely the heaviest precip is over the +2c 850mb line where every other model has it.

Great, but why? Climatological norm, our area is favored for cold air to move in as the moisture departs.

This system has no blocking and the SE ridge is asserting itself.

A model on its own. Forget the beatdown the Euro took in December when it tried it?

much better run than 18z

We see it quite often. Out of range outlying solution that grinds back towards the globals. We have the gefs/euro and their ensembles holding hands right now and we're inside of 72 for the important stuff.

I personally think the gfs was too quick with the column @ 12z. 18z was a sleetfest for a while but it's such a close call it could be noise. It mostly held serve from 12z.

As long as the flip happens by 6am or so we have a decent event on our hands. It's looked and felt like a 2-4/3-6 for the last couple days. Nothing has really changed there yet and we're getting pretty close to game time. If the 0z euro/gfs hold again then confidence really starts to increase.

A model on its own. Forget the beatdown the Euro took in December when it tried it?

Yeah.  But the NAM reflects the history of climate in this area.

I feel like I can remember an entire lifetime of systems where a blast of CAA

oozes into the area and the precipitation shuts off just when things get interesting.

We see it quite often. Out of range outlying solution that grinds back towards the globals. We have the gefs/euro and their ensembles holding hands right now and we're inside of 72 for the important stuff.

I personally think the gfs was too quick with the column @ 12z. 18z was a sleetfest for a while but it's such a close call it could be noise. It mostly held serve from 12z.

As long as the flip happens by 6am or so we have a decent event on our hands. It's looked and felt like a 2-4/3-6 for the last couple days. Nothing has really changed there yet and we're getting pretty close to game time. If the 0z euro/gfs hold again then confidence really starts to increase.

2-4/3-6 are you thinking for the cities?

2-4/3-6 are you thinking for the cities?

Yes, cities and burbs within 30 miles either way. N md has an advantage. There's upside but the column has to overcome some issues and sleet will definitely fall at first. How long is a very tough question.

I'm assuming we have a good snow sounding by 12z. The window from 12-18z has some potential to overperform depending on how everything evolves. Both the gefs and EPS have some interesting looks mixed in.

The jet should be ripping so with the right ingredients I could envision some training bands aligned in an unusual sw-ne trajectory for a snow storm. Radar might look like mid-late spring. Lol.

All of the above is a total wag.

Archived