• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

The going rates are pretty steep around here. My friends in CT pay $50 to have their driveway done which

more than twice the length of my friends in Suffolk who pay $100.

Costs me 250 a plow .  This one I will let melt .

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a guy bought a survival suit after his friends boat went down off NJ after being swamped by a freak wave. They tied themselves to the boat ( supposed to have positive flotation, well, so much for that ) and almost went down with it but they were lucky to have a fillet knife to cut free. It was midsummer and they had life jackets but after so many hours they started losing it; they tried to swim to shore ( they went in the wrong direction ) and would have been gone if not for a commercial fisherman who happened by. I really don't like going offshore, but I have rescued folks a couple times right in the bay; some kids who got caught in the current near S Amboy and also a couple dudes who tried fishing from a small dinghy which got swamped. He actually wrote the account up in The Fisherman.

No offense to your friend but tying yourself to a boat is the worst idea. I've worked on commercial boats for the past 14 years and hopefully who ever told him that is a good idea should be smacked. Survival suites are good if you go out in the winter time I suppose however I'm not sure why one would need a survival suit around our area. If someone's boat sank by a "freak wave", their boat was probably too small to be in the area that it was just like the dinghy you mentioned. I personally cross the Hudson in my dinghy all the time in the summer but I also know how to do it properly. I wish every fisherman would take advantage of the free boating course that is offered in every state. Especially those that are fishing in NY harbor, which is one of the most commercial harbors in the world.

It's going to be puddle city over the weekend.

Great day 10 EPS signal .

The Control has a 1000mb SLP E of AC @ 252 and 12 hours later it`s 983 E of CC .

That day 9 - 10 window is the real last shot , but that`s the way we could end this properly .

No offense to your friend but tying yourself to a boat is the worst idea. I've worked on commercial boats for the past 14 years and hopefully who ever told him that is a good idea should be smacked. Survival suites are good if you go out in the winter time I suppose however I'm not sure why one would need a survival suit around our area. If someone's boat sank by a "freak wave", their boat was probably too small to be in the area that it was just like the dinghy you mentioned. I personally cross the Hudson in my dinghy all the time in the summer but I also know how to do it properly. I wish every fisherman would take advantage of the free boating course that is offered in every state. Especially those that are fishing in NY harbor, which is one of the most commercial harbors in the world.

The course is required now in NJ and most states. It was not a small boat per se, about 22 ft but it was offshore in the ocean. He wrote the article to show just how easy it is to get into a jam and he was only a passenger not an experienced boater. It was luck that they survived. I myself have gone out into the bay without the darn drain plug in the boat. I gave up boating and stick to lake fishing from shore now. The guys I picked up from the dinghy were not experienced boaters; someone offered them a dinghy to fish with. I found them clinging to the overturned boat with one hand on the fishing tackle in Princes Bay off SI.

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high.....

My man , I mean this with all due respect , I don`t know how you can post here anymore . You should be thoroughly embarrassed  with your awful calls .

It going to snow tomorrow , this period of a return to colder and snow was called 10 days ago . And guys like you and

Pazzo thought it was impossible .

I  told you yesterday I  will pull your posts and show everyone all your sht analysis .

Pull up a chair grab a pad , this way next year I don`t abuse you again next year  .

My man , I mean this with all due respect , I don`t know how you can post here anymore . You should be thoroughly embarrassed with your awful calls .

It going to snow tomorrow , this period of a return to colder and snow was called 10 days ago . And guys like you and

Pazzo thought it was impossible .

I told you yesterday I will pull your posts and show everyone all your sht analysis .

Pull up a chair grab a pad , this way next year I don`t abuse you again next year .

Didn't he tell us in mid Feb that winter was over come March 1st? I think we all can learn something from him.

I agree with you...I think I was just borrowing from your month you hate most post...my dad always told me, "Don't say you hate it...say you dislike it intensely".

I had a hard day at the office and its late March; I'm running out of material.

Hate is defined as "intense or passionate dislike"

Never understood the political correctness of not using the word hate...

Hate gets a bad rap lol

Archived