joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Spring Banter Thread

HailMan06

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no dog in this fight, but you're better than this brother. Calendar is not an end all be all...

The reluctance to face the changing of season is an annual event on here.  You'd think people would be cool with the record winter we've already had, but apparently not.  We don't live in NNE, by March 20th winter basically IS over.  Sure, you can have an event here or there but it will be separated by extended periods of 40s/50s/60s.  I don't consider temps of 45-60 spliced with a light snowfall here or there "Winter", but perhaps some people do.

I like when he comes here and posts....

It's the weirdo board owner of there that has issues.....

Honestly I don't get what the attraction to him is...he is horrible

He isn't horrible :nerdsmiley:

The reluctance to face the changing of season is an annual event on here.  You'd think people would be cool with the record winter we've already had, but apparently not.  We don't live in NNE, by March 20th winter basically IS over.  Sure, you can have an event here or there but it will be separated by extended periods of 40s/50s/60s.  I don't consider temps of 45-60 spliced with a light snowfall here or there "Winter", but perhaps some people do.

No record winter here :cry:

The reluctance to face the changing of season is an annual event on here. You'd think people would be cool with the record winter we've already had, but apparently not. We don't live in NNE, by March 20th winter basically IS over. Sure, you can have an event here or there but it will be separated by extended periods of 40s/50s/60s. I don't consider temps of 45-60 spliced with a light snowfall here or there "Winter", but perhaps some people do.

We get it. So dont post in the threads then, please? Just because you dont want to discuss snow doesnt mean its not allowed. This is out of hand.

We get it. So dont post in the threads then, please? Just because you dont want to discuss snow doesnt mean its not allowed. This is out of hand.

Uh, this is the banter thread?  And I'm responding to people attacking me?  Didn't realize we all had to have uniform opinions on here...

Uh, this is the banter thread? And I'm responding to people attacking me? Didn't realize we all had to have uniform opinions on here...

I didnt say stop posting HERE. Shall i post the comments you have made over the last 3 weeks in the storm threads, whining about people still discussing snow? Youre a broken record dude, we get it. If i cant point that out IN THE BANTER THREAD, then i guess ill moderate this thread as well. ;)

Agree with Pazzo and isnt this the banter thread where back and forth is allowed without board police. ...

The change of the season kills people around here....what do you do with the snow...eat it?

Honestly, to me, a big part of it is that I love weather, but I always have loved snow most of all. It's where forecasters really learn how skillful they are, yet at the very same time, skilled forecasters are kept humble via snow. It's more than just snow at times for a lot of people on here. Speaking for myself, it's a nice distraction from the more serious things of life I deal with (and many others on here as well) on a daily basis.

Can we all just  agree that the actual pattern trumps what we may want or not want to happen.

The actual pattern didn't care that the winterlovers were disappointed when we had early

springs in years like 2010 and 2012. It also doesn't care that the springlovers have been

getting disappointed in recent years with colder and snowier winters persisting into

spring. People need to tailor their expectations closer to reality or they are going to be

very unhappy.

I didnt say stop posting HERE. Shall i post the comments you have made over the last 3 weeks in the storm threads, whining about people still discussing snow? Youre a broken record dude, we get it. If i cant point that out IN THE BANTER THREAD, then i guess ill moderate this thread as well. ;)

Generally the back and forth between PB and me is more of a joke than anything (which is the lion's share of these aforementioned comments), so sorry you interpreted that as whining.  In any event, I'm not sure why people are getting so worked up.  It's not like we were shut out this winter, we've had yet another of above-normal snowfall for the area.

Again reluctance implies that In early March a return to cold and potential snow was being seen by good pattern recognition and LR forecasters.

The SST implied that the - EPO + PNA was going to return and the Eastern trough would come digging back in for 10 to 15 days.

At the end of march when we see deep neg in the east at 18k feet you need to check the 850's because what is plus 1 SD In Canada becomes below normal in the NE .

This was the easiest call all winter and you fought it because of what the calender said.

Minus 5 at 850 in late March may only translate to 40 to 45 but when SLP goes off to your S in that pattern you we bulb and snow.

This is science not irrational passion

Now as the wave lengths shorten that -EPO will pull the trough back into the center of the country and that's about April 1 st. But not before. Then the ridge will fire on the EC and that's the end.

Can we all just  agree that the actual pattern trumps what we may want or not want to happen.

The actual pattern didn't care that the winterlovers were disappointed when we had early

springs in years like 2010 and 2012. It also doesn't care that the springlovers have been

getting disappointed in recent years with colder and snowier winters persisting into

spring.

It is kind of humorous how worked up we can get over something over which we basically have zero control.

Again reluctance implies that In early March a return to cold and potential snow was being seen by good pattern recognition and LR forecasters.

The SST implied that the - EPO + PNA was going to return and the Eastern trough would come digging back in for 10 to 15 days.

At the end of march when we see deep neg in the east at 18k feet you need to check the 850's because what is plus 1 SD In Canada becomes below normal in the NE .

This was the easiest call all winter and you fought it because of what the calender said.

Minus 5 at 850 in late March may only translate to 40 to 45 but when SLP goes off to your S in that pattern you we bulb and snow.

This is science not irrational passion

Now as the wave lengths shorten that -EPO will pull the trough back into the center of the country and that's about April 1 st. But not before. Then the ridge will fire on the EC and that's the end.

Haha, really I just want it to be nice by the time I move to Battery Park City (April 2).  Stone Street....

Haha, really I just want it to be nice by the time I move to Battery Park City (April 2).  Stone Street....

Dude at 55 water. U know where to find me . Stone street drinks fo sure this summer. More talent there after work than you could imagine

There's a lot of stuff in there, but the big one is the DTCC which is why it has airport-like security at the entrance.

Yeah i know. Should have been more specific in my question. Just asking because I work for DOT as well. Anyway, it's great down there. They just re opened an underground food court on water Street that has been closed since sandy

Im with forky..can't wait to see the weenies whine...ooh its so hot

Ill give you credit, at least youre outside when its hot. Some people (on both ends of the spectrum, cold and heat lovers) sit at the computer in comfort during their favorite weather.

Archived