joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say gymengineer's list made me believe a bit more. If we can analog it then it can happen. ;)

We are locked in a very consistent pacific driven pattern. Seems stable and could even linger into next winter if no major player wants to assert itself to flip the pattern. If we could get a real west based nino and -nao though next year in this epo pattern it could be a Boston like year for our area. Just dreaming but some of the long range guidance says it's possible.

If we get 2 accum events during the first week of march then I'm probably joining the root for warmth crew.

Mid month is looking kinda warm. Similar to the Dec pattern where the Pac floods Canada with warmer air but highs to our north won't let us roast. I could deal with a day or 2 in the 60's so I can detail my cars. They look awful and its starting to get on my nerves.

We are not under the right rear quadrant of the jet, not sure how much that hurts our chances.

We are close, though.

Still, the jet stream is a monster during the period of interest.  The most energetic portion of

the jet is in our region.

attachicon.gifgfs_namer_129_250_wnd_ht.gif

So what?  It would be the biggest snowfall of the year verbatim.

Archived