Newest Member
    joxey
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z was a general 4-6" for most. Max stripe se of DC

yeah i just glanced.. they're pretty similar. this run maybe a bit better for us if a smidge slower starting initially.

I'm being forced to accept that this might be real. 

When the gefs looks like this at this range it's pretty compelling

It has been pretty consistent on modeling whether it's over us or south or north.. similar idea. Too bad we just can't know yet.

It has been pretty consistent on modeling whether it's over us or south or north.. similar idea. Too bad we just can't know yet.

I've been waiting for the rug to be pulled but it's going the other way. IF this event happens, it would be pretty fun. Just a solid slug streaming overhead. No worries about redevelopment or pivot or stuff like that. Just simple isentropic lift over cold. Rates would be pretty good. 

I've been waiting for the rug to be pulled but it's going the other way. IF this event happens, it would be pretty fun. Just a solid slug streaming overhead. No worries about redevelopment or pivot or stuff like that. Just simple isentropic lift over cold. Rates would be pretty good. 

The area of good snows still seems really thin. I'm not getting excited yet as this could quickly trend north like 2/2 or flatten to nothing. 

Still plenty of time for the stripe of precip to shift north or south. That has happened already this winter.

I'll take it right now verbatim, but boy that would be nice to get those totals on the western side of the Apps over on this eastern side

there's some contamination from this storm in that image too.. tho most of the heavy rates over WV are from the upcoming event. actually looks low in spots further west heh.

Still plenty of time for the stripe of precip to shift north or south. That has happened already this winter.

No doubt. Much can easily go wrong. The sw-ne orientation gives us wiggle room. Not as dicey as a n-s gradient. If it holds it would probably be the longest lead event of the year where things locked in early. 

Last night's euro ensembles looked really good as well. 

Steadier than you'd expect.. still a bit much range for my liking on a unicorn event around here. We have pulled a number of those out of the hat in recent hot streaks though. Definitely not ruling it out. Would be nice to get an event that starts ripping pre dawn and then peaks in the morning when the sun is up (tho peak on the Euro is prob earlier than that. ;)).

Have you compared the stripe of heaviest snow on the Euro today to yesterday's run?

Pretty similar with coverage for the cities. Max was south last night and north today. Little difference along 95. Big difference to the NW in FDK and areas close to the md line. They should be hugging the 12z run. lol

Pretty similar with coverage for the cities. Max was south last night and north today. Little difference along 95. Big difference to the NW in FDK and areas close to the md line. They should be hugging the 12z run. lol

I'm talking about overall. Yesterday's 12z had it through Tennessee. How far the cold can advance is a huge part of this.

More importantly, about 3" at DCA and 5-6" at BWI and IAD and I've got the seasonal snow contest wrapped up. Victory is mine!

And to think of all the cancelling, ledge jumping, and breakdowns less than a month ago. lol. Now we're talking about possibly going 125%+ climo @ bwi/iad.

If this wed-thurs deal works out, I'll be beyond satisfied with winter and ready for spring.

And to think of all the cancelling, ledge jumping, and breakdowns less than a month ago. lol. Now we're talking about possibly going 125%+ climo @ bwi/iad.

If this wed-thurs deal works out, I'll be beyond satisfied with winter and ready for spring.

This would certainly brighten up my mood after wasting today's cold air with a sleet fest.

Archived