• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

Cold has proved resilient since late DEC so I would expect we have accumulating snow next week, which coincidentally supports my post yesterday or the day before when I said that I believe we'll see at least one for moderate event (4"+), so imagine that.  Lol

After next week, let it get warm if it wants, I don't care at that point. But if it doesn't, I'm OK with that too!   :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt. We've seen many cold chasing precip looks at medium to long leads. I'm not sure I remember any working out. Maybe that rain to snow deal last year was one. I'm a little foggy on how it played out though. Prob not apples to apples. Matt would know.

I'd imagine we get rain to snow in some fashion behind a front maybe once a year or two but anything big is unusual. Then again we've gotten decent snow in a lot of atypical ways since last winter. Nonetheless what the models show now is fairly meaningless.

I'd imagine we get rain to snow in some fashion behind a front maybe once a year or two but anything big is unusual. Then again we've gotten decent snow in a lot of atypical ways since last winter. Nonetheless what the models show now is fairly meaningless.

It's an interesting h5 look at least. I could see something riding the boundary after the column gets right but it's always tuff time buying into this kind of scenario beyond 3 days. Too much has to go right. We simply cannot know right now. lol

It's an interesting h5 look at least. I could see something riding the boundary after the column gets right but it's always tuff time buying into this kind of scenario beyond 3 days. Too much has to go right. We simply cannot know right now. lol

Yes, we just can't know yet. 

If nothing else it's still fairly up in the air what happens with the original low. The seasonal thing argues flatter I suppose.. but how that impacts the rest (if it's even real).. got me. Ops 'agreeing' means very little in this situation.

Yes, we just can't know yet.

If nothing else it's still fairly up in the air what happens with the original low. The seasonal thing argues flatter I suppose.. but how that impacts the rest (if it's even real).. got me. Ops 'agreeing' means very little in this situation.

I expect it to go poof tbh. Or end up being some sort of mangled flakes before the clouds clear out and winds kick up.

But since there is absolutely nothing else to track...we'll all watch it morph into something other than what the gfs just showed.

Archived