joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atlanta has the moisture and it looks like it's projected to get some very heavy precip. bands(some models show a N/S very heavy precip. band moving through the Atlanta area). If temps cooperate, Atlanta will do well. I'm praying to my knees that dynamic cooling + warm bias on models will deliver.

What is your current temp vs projected low for the night? We are about to bust big time to the under over this way.

forecast low is about 30, currently 31. temp here has been stuck at 32/33 all day. high was forecasted to be 40 or so. With clouds still around i don't expect much change in temps. the more important thing to watch for is how soon the thicker clouds and that finger of precip moves in toward mid day tomorrow.

forecast low is about 30, currently 31. temp here has been stuck at 32/33 all day. high was forecasted to be 40 or so. With clouds still around i don't expect much change in temps. the more important thing to watch for is how soon the thicker clouds and that finger of precip moves in toward mid day tomorrow.

Gotcha. That cloud line must be somewhere between us then. 100% clear and temps dropping about half a degree every hour here. Had some freezing fog the last hour or so

Chris, I am starting to think there is going to be a least a few bursts of Winter Ptype especially down your way and maybe into the Midlands of SC when all is said and done.  I don't expect anything crazy and all.. but let me point out how poorly the models did today:

In my yard, it's 33.4F  .. it was very light precip still falling as soon as 45 min ago.  We were supposed to be close to 40 today and the moisture was gone by 1PM.  So, colder + more precip.

Edit: with the above said, this could be pure weenie talk.

I could see that Shawn

when it first started coming in i thought for sure it would be a lot colder..i was like yes! because i want atlanta to get hit. The snow hole there is insane vs the rest of the south.

sure makes it hard to figure what i should do tomorrow. I don't want to have to leave if i don't have to. ugh..wish it wasn't so close.

I still think there is room to cool around ATL and BHM...I Am with you on that.  NAM IMHO proved that too me when it showed me having some sub 0c 850's for a few hours.

Ok, folks...the **FINAL** call from me on this storm.. I will be around as yall are hopefully seeing snow and I am needing a boat down here. hahahah Thanks for all the new likes and spreading the word about my page.

https://www.facebook.com/ChriswxmanSimmons

Liked and shared Chris! Even though I'm in Raleigh I'm a novice and I've learned a lot from your videos!

when it first started coming in i thought for sure it would be a lot colder..i was like yes! because i want atlanta to get hit. The snow hole there is insane vs the rest of the south.

sure makes it hard to figure what i should do tomorrow. I don't want to have to leave if i don't have to. ugh..wish it wasn't so close.

Chris, there is a snowhole here too!  When I was a younger sprout, I always heard things like "If it snows in Dallas and Atlanta, we will get snow".

I definitely don't see ATL getting blanked though.  KCAE.. eh light snow at some point.. nothing major for us.

No change to my thinking about Atlanta. Very very close for places like Marietta, Smyrna, but still think ITP is just out of the accumulations and no chance south of the center of the city. Basis for this is no real movement in the models so far in a southward direction with the 0Z runs. This level of consistency is hard to go against.

No change to my thinking about Atlanta. Very very close for places like Marietta, Smyrna, but still think ITP is just out of the accumulations and no chance south of the center of the city. Basis for this is no real movement in the models so far in a southward direction with the 0Z runs. This level of consistency is hard to go against.

Some 00Z models have something resembling a comma head type feature snow band behind the low, the RGEM and WRF both show it later tomorrow night, that could be a bit of a bonus for those who miss out but placing it now is too tough

refd_1000m_f34.gif

WRAL is probably too warm, but I doubt we go below 30.

Did you notice not one single prediction on snow amounts (for anywhere) that i saw in that forecast.  Not one.  We're 24hrs out.  Guess that's how they roll.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

yep, says starts as snow then changes to sleet by 1am then to frz rain as moisture exits.

Every legitimate Bufkit sounding disagrees with their future cast model for RDU. Even warm SREF shows only 3 hours of IP at most in an 8 hour event. No FRZ RN designation in any soundings for their location that I can find. If they are forecasting for South East of Raleighwood, then this might be legitimate. RDU, North, and West... no deal just stubborn hype. I hate that they are holding firm on this despite the public safety implications. Better safe, than sorry... Not good forecasting IMHO.

Archived