joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 21st Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope bugs the crap out of me too. Told my kids today to stay on the driveway to walk and go to the tot lot to play. :)

Good. I thought I was nuts. Thank goodness for the Internet.

I also make neat piles along the driveway. I'm careful to pile it up as high as I can. Helps last longer. I'm only like this with snow. I don't have ocd lol.

Bob Chill if you are reading this you nailed it last night when you said the west track would have killed us but for the true arctic dense air that arrived Thursday into Friday. Don't remember the exact post but you read my mind. I called you out on it too. And it happened (n. Balt. Co.) I enjoy your analysis. For those that didnt get it today hang in there. But up here we finally scored.

Bob Chill if you are reading this you nailed it last night when you said the west track would have killed us but for the true arctic dense air that arrived Thursday into Friday. Don't remember the exact post but you read my mind. I called you out on it too. And it happened (n. Balt. Co.) I enjoy your analysis. For those that didnt get it today hang in there. But up here we finally scored.

I still can't believe it shook out the way it did. We fail on good tracks/storms more often than I care to speak about. But to get a precip bomb like we did AND maximize a stale/departing airmass is something else. I loved today on so many levels...kinda getting a little hungry for the next track. Time is of the essence. 15 days of reasonable climo left. One more hit man. One more hit. I promise it will be the last time I do it.

I still can't believe it shook out the way it did. We fail on good tracks/storms more often than I care to speak about. But to get a precip bomb like we did AND maximize a stale/departing airmass is something else. I loved today on so many levels...kinda getting a little hungry for the next track. Time is of the essence. 15 days of reasonable climo left. One more hit man. One more hit. I promise it will be the last time I do it

I mean, right?!  Somehow we backed our way into the biggest event of the season today and it was awesome.  After so many PHAILS, it was nice to see this actually trend our way instead of the opposite.

Yeah, we'd always like "one more" I have to admit!  To be honest, I don't think we're done.  Not saying anything "big", but I think we'll be adding to totals in the next couple of weeks, maybe more than once.  First, I'd like to see us end up with an epically cold February, at least out-do the cold from 2007.  I think we have a shot.

This storm will be remembered differently as soon as you go south of Rockville. This was a fun storm with fairly heavy rates, but not memorable. Maybe I'm way too bitter about the difference a few miles makes. I should probably learn where I live and join the party part of this thread, was the best storm of the season. (so far :weenie: )

I still can't believe it shook out the way it did. We fail on good tracks/storms more often than I care to speak about. But to get a precip bomb like we did AND maximize a stale/departing airmass is something else. I loved today on so many levels...kinda getting a little hungry for the next track. Time is of the essence. 15 days of reasonable climo left. One more hit man. One more hit. I promise it will be the last time I do it.

Well said. I like your enthusiasm and attitude. Others should follow your lead.

It was cool for a while, but I have a hard time watching others get smoked while I get relative scraps. Right or wrong, that's how I roll.

I feel particularly bad for the folks south and east of me.

Your endurance was applause worthy, though. You didn't waver in your posts for like ten hours straight in terms of tone, and you posted frequently during that stretch. That's a pretty impressive benchmark of dedication towards documenting an under-performing situation. 

I lived many years in Woodbridge and watched quite a few scenarios like this play out to my NW. When i decided to move I took several things under consideration. Quality of school district, commute time to work, crime, price, and amount of snow they get compared to my old location. I've been here 10 plus years and although it's a crappy locale for thunderstorms and it never seems that the kids go to school and I work in New York mostly and I payed way too much plus Ji moved into my hood....when it comes to delivering on snow...I think I hit a grand slam!!

I saw a report of 8" in DC near the aboretum. Legit?

The gradient with this storm was interesting to follow. 2" in davidsonville/annapolis, 4" in crofton, 5" imby (a coc report of 6 right down the road) and just over 6" at bwi. That's about a 15 mile difference top to bottom. Really fun event.

Archived