Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can never tell if you're serious or joking. Taking that as you're serious.....I think it's fine. Just never quite understood why folks seemed to get bent out of shape about the nws maps.

I was serious. I'm not the hugest fan ever of the boom/bust personally but people seem to like it so maybe I'm wrong. NWS product is heavily automated.. seems to lag.. doesn't always (or often) make actual sense based on the modeling. 

I was serious. I'm not the hugest fan ever of the boom/bust personally but people seem to like it so maybe I'm wrong. NWS product is heavily automated.. seems to lag.. doesn't always (or often) make actual sense based on the modeling. 

not again!

Give him a few minutes...

I already posted it...I won't be doing Euro PBP again...Hopefully Bob and others will be patient enough to deal with the folks looking for immediate handouts...no more Euro PBP again from me in this forum...lasted longer this year than last which is good I guess....the vultures want every single detail and piece of minutia 5 seconds after a panel shows up...fortunately there are others here with wxbell who are happy to share

Just had Chinese food for lunch here in the office. Based on the fortune that I received from my cookie I am predicting more than less snow this weekend

My fortune read: "When winter comes heaven will rain success on you." Since I don't like rain, but love snow, I am going to interpret that as a lot of snow is coming!!!! Woohoo - bring it on!

Mark

Sounds like rain Matt based on your fortune

..you do realize that every detail comes out over time....It might take 5 minutes longer than you want you douche...so buzz off...

I just want to see the map.. thats all... I cancelled my free 7 day with eurowx and I am relying on this site to get the map. But yeah you got a point... can't post something that hasnt come out yet!

They are probably being smart not to over extrapolate.

Amen!  Better to digest what's actually happening and assess it.  Far worse to have one comment of "looks good at hour xyz!!"  Then right after that someone else with "looks too amped and warm".  Recall the 18Z RGEM discussion last weekend, that's a perfect example.  You get the idea.  Besides, those that have and offer to share the Euro information (and other models) are doing a service for everyone here, no need for people to get all in a hurry.

I already posted it...I won't be doing Euro PBP again...Hopefully Bob and others will be patient enough to deal with the folks looking for immediate handouts...no more Euro PBP again from me in this forum...lasted longer this year than last which is good I guess....the vultures want every single detail and piece of minutia 5 seconds after a panel shows up...fortunately there are others here with wxbell who are happy to share

There are like 100 people on here right now, law of averages says at least a few are going to act like a tool... just ignore them. 

yeah we should just accept things that suck which we pay for. 

Since everyone thinks this is a banter thread, I don't like the idea of having subscriptions for any wx analysis. There are many free alternatives. But seriously, can we all stop bashing various sources of who we personally don't like?

Archived