• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

I already posted it...I won't be doing Euro PBP again...Hopefully Bob and others will be patient enough to deal with the folks looking for immediate handouts...no more Euro PBP again from me in this forum...lasted longer this year than last which is good I guess....the vultures want every single detail and piece of minutia 5 seconds after a panel shows up...fortunately there are others here with wxbell who are happy to share

Actually, I have always appreciated the PBP and analysis you and others give of the Euro (among others, but mostly the Euro since that's the least accessible to most).  Unfortunately, people get impatient wanting the details before the next damned chart even comes out!  Which only leads to crap analysis when people try to extrapolate, as you know.  As I said in my other post, I'd much prefer a measured discussion rather than people jumping to conclusions with quick and contradictory statements.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are like 100 people on here right now, law of averages says at least a few are going to act like a tool... just ignore them. 

There are plenty of people with even better maps than my 2 sources, that come out like 2 minutes after me, and they are a lot more patient and willing to do more analysis region wide...They can deal with the takers who want handouts...It's not worth my time to take a couple extra minutes to analyze the maps in full and give details...every single detail of the euro is revealed on this board over a 10-15 minute period..and yet people have to be d-icks...I'm done...lasted longer than last year....

Since everyone thinks this is a banter thread, I don't like the idea of having subscriptions for any wx analysis. There are many free alternatives. But seriously, can we all stop bashing various sources of who we personally don't like?

you're way oversimplifying the issue.. it's about a high and a low map and not about people i don't like. i'm done.. esp if it is going to be twisted. 

There are plenty of people with even better maps than my 2 sources, that come out like 2 minutes after me, and they are a lot more patient and willing to do more analysis region wide...They can deal with the takers who want handouts...It's not worth my time to take a couple extra minutes to analyze the maps in full and give details...every single detail of the euro is revealed on this board over a 10-15 minute period..and yet people have to be d-icks...I'm done...lasted longer than last year....

You could always have the last say with a single overall synopsis forcing everyone to be more patient if may request so?

fair enough

but yeah could last past 0z as snow.. next panel up into n md but shows lots of 0s around DC.. never warms much past that till morning. highest is around 1c at 18z.. know not only level that matters tho. 

EILPEY5.png

you're way oversimplifying the issue.. it's about a high and a low map and not about people i don't like. i'm done.. esp if it is going to be twisted. 

I didn't mean that at all! The map beef is obvious, like you have said yourself. I know this isn't about the people who produce them.

I didn't mean that at all! The map beef is obvious, like you have said yourself. I know this isn't about the people who produce them.

ok fair enough misunderstood you.. anyway it is a convo that doesn't need to be rehashed here. 

but yeah could last past 0z as snow.. next panel up into n md but shows lots of 0s around DC.. never warms much past that till morning. highest is around 1c at 18z.. know not only level that matters tho. 

EILPEY5.png

925mb is firmly above at 03z, but below at 0z...not sure about 900.....implies another hour especially if precip is heavy

DC to Balt probably can support snow another hour or two, nw areas another few hours perhaps...much colder like the UK it only gets the 850 0 to about Westminster by 6z and never above the PA line. 

After taking a second glance I think we are all snow for the entire storm on the Euro. For us our total precip is .6. Only .20 falls after 0z. At 6z the 850's are still -1 and the precip is basically shut off at that point. I think the Euro is a few degrees too warm at the surface as well. This run is a solid 6 for us.

Archived