• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

Thanks - I have some hope.  The last couple of frames really start to show a northerly component.

I see 2 things there

1 the colder cloud tops in NY that are down to PHL/ S NJ and starting to pivot....is that where norlun signature will be?

then I see colder cloud tops popping from 100+ miles off of Delmarva NE to S of Nova Scotia (pretty much all models have this morphing into a awesome band that curls up toward Nova Scotia and Clips far eastern Maine.

I would really like to see colder cloud tops start popping off tight to NJ shore  and under Long Island in next 2 hours -that would be cool

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston has 0.9" as of 7 pm (and it was still snowing). With 80.4" snowfall, 2014-15 has become the 8th winter on record since 1891-92 to have 80" or more snow for the season. Monthly snowfall has now reached 43.2". The most snowfall on record for a month is currently 43.3", which was established in January 2005.

Just moved to # 10 on record here in my town.

87.5".

39" on the month and counting....

Walked out of dinner and it's absolutely pouring snow, easily 1"+ per hour. Guessing 2.5" or so?

Slightly OT, but man this is a hit to restaurants to have this come on valentines day. This place usually has an hour plus wait on a Saturday night let alone valentines day and tonight it was barely a third full. Similar scene all around Back Bay on my walk home.

Unfortunate timing as far as economic impacts go with this.

Cloudy/calm...full on blizzard.

1.5" total as of 7P

wonder when those blizzard warnings will be coming down for coastal CT

If you're in North Haven, I don't think you were ever in the blizzard warning, though the winter storm warning there probably won't verify either. The coastal CT zones are remarkably thin - I think if you're more than 7-10 miles from water you're not considered part of them, and the way they are drawn in the New Haven area they're even thinner than that. I think they're in the process of dropping based on their web site where now the wind chill advisory is the predominant warning. Hey, they've issued a heavy freezing spray warning for some of their coastal NJ zones. That's actually pretty rare for OKX.

Nice night, almost an over performer for the front running snows here based on my expectations.

I actually shoveled about 2 hours before this photo.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks great, Chris--how much?

Took the pup out for a mini Jebwalk. Took a few measurements

5.0", not 4.0". Should be ending soon though

So beautiful out

Nice, Dave. 

I'm only anticipating another 2 or so.

Crushing going on here in Newburyport! Visibility is under 1/4 mile. Going out for a measurement toward the end of this batch in about 30-45 mins. Guessing around 3-4", should end with close to 5.5-6". Very promising start!

I wonder if the exit more South will allow this thing to bomb sooner, we just need to dig and not get kicked out.

Archived