• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

This part was talked about doing well since yesterday. No surprise. BUFKIT had great lift in the DGZ with some good lapse rates. In fact, this may be the biggest part of the storm for many, especially outside of eastern areas.

I really hope round II doesn't suck.

Hopefully at least another 3-4"....

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope round II doesn't suck.

Hopefully at least another 3-4"....

This could be a 5- 10mi of the coast or bust type deal for someone tacking on another 4-6"+

I know MPM was griping but I'm happy with my 4-6" call yesterday and I'm happy with fresh snow.  The fact that we are not chasing epic out here makes it easier to let go of JP hopes.  Beautiful night with several inches of snow having fallen on the 15-20" snow pack we already have. 

Went back out to trader joes in Coolidge corner. Snowing very hard on the way and when w walked out. Shut off quickly about 5 minutes later. Felt like it got quickly colder and it has.

Looks like 4-5 from round 1. Doesn't take much to make piles bigger when it snows...lol. If the CCB can visit BOS can reach 10+ presuming they get a reasonable measurement at midnight. We've probably passed 92-93, may well pass 77-78, 2004-05. Can we knock down 1947-48? I'll tell you one thing, Leon's shaking in his shoes as he's in view.

Meh, I think you're getting another 5"+ tomorrow morning as is BOS metro. CT(which is who I write for and who that discussion was aimed at) is ****ed though, that's pretty clear at this point outside of a freak band.

Was out for the last 45 mins of snow here in Melrose. No winds (except the occasional 10mph breeze as it ended and temps fell) Cars spinning out everywhere BC plows took a hr break and 1.5" fell in last hour. Was beautiful!

With regard to bolded, Nah, I would not bet on it

counting on being on the NW flank of big disjointed system within the 7H circulation of ONE of it's 7H low's is not a high forecast situation.

I would lean 1.5 to 3" new when what was the WAA band makes it way back down the coast from N to S in the wee hours.

When I saw nam crap the bed with Mid level lows at 9 I knew the GFS would follow....SW winds over Long Island with a big disjointed low moving off the coast of the Delmarva. Congrats Clinch

Went back out to trader joes in Coolidge corner. Snowing very hard on the way and when w walked out. Shut off quickly about 5 minutes later. Felt like it got quickly colder and it has.

Looks like 4-5 from round 1. Doesn't take much to make piles bigger when it snows...lol. If the CCB can visit BOS can reach 10+ presuming they get a reasonable measurement at midnight. We've probably passed 92-93, may well pass 77-78, 2004-05. Can we knock down 1947-48? I'll tell you one thing, Leon's shaking in his shoes as he's in view.

I should pass '64 and '72 tmw am.

at 10:30 measured 3 inches and cleared a couple of areas so I can try to measure what falls over night.  moderate snow here I'd guess, almost heavy, very good snow growth 11.6 degrees.  I would think we've gotten another inch in the last hour.

feeling bad for Jeff as he seems to be on the wrong side of that line around portland.

Archived