• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nam just threw up on itself and doesn't get mid level lows TIGHT w INFLOW till its East of Eastport and keep the low much weaker tomorrow. LOL this storm's part 2 will be a joke, unless some meso band pivots further south and stays. Winds should be a but lower than forecast as this low wont get its act together till later .

Maine is about to bust big time prob further east than we think as things have been trending lousier aside from the meso band on their coast for several cycles. peace time to enjoy last 15 mins of band baby !

This is right up there with the best snow rates/visibility I've seen this year. Its just pouring. You can actually hear the snow falling because there is now wind. 

If the second half over performs like the front this is gonna we easily 12"+ up this way.

I think you'll see over a foot up there.

i think I have a shot at 1'.

If you're in North Haven, I don't think you were ever in the blizzard warning, though the winter storm warning there probably won't verify either. The coastal CT zones are remarkably thin - I think if you're more than 7-10 miles from water you're not considered part of them, and the way they are drawn in the New Haven area they're even thinner than that. I think they're in the process of dropping based on their web site where now the wind chill advisory is the predominant warning. Hey, they've issued a heavy freezing spray warning for some of their coastal NJ zones. That's actually pretty rare for OKX.

Technically no, I'm not in the b-warning. They actually do the north/south cut off by the towns that boarder the ocean. That is why it is so thin in new haven county because the towns are shaped that way. If you look at a CT town map and compare it to the Northern vs. Southern zones then you'll see what I mean. But yeah, just making a general point, even a winter storm warning which has sustained of 25-35 G55 with 4-8" won't verify here...with vis 1/4 mi or less. It's pretty much over for most of the state unfortunately we really cant complain though been a great stretch.

Hope boston gets crushed, i'll be taking a trip up there on Monday to check it all out. Enjoy man!

OVC/17  2.0 Total

Archived