• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

lol, there are going to be a lot of surprised and confused people waking up in Maine this morning -- expecting a day of being hunkered down for the blizzaaahd, only to discover that it's all over and never really got started. I'm sure most will be thrilled.

Man, we stole your blizzard.

Seasonal deformation.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am asking a favor. Go easy on Cweat. He is knowledgeable and just went with his gut

Love when he busts low though

Yes.  He can be crotchety, and he does have a certain edge sometimes, but I love reading his stuff and like that a non-met can bring so much game, particularly the micro meso game he brings - it's fun!  

ASOS usually under-reports in snow...esp heavy snow.

We'll get a better idea with cocorahs reports what the ratios are. They are def good ratios but probably not 20-25 to 1.

Brian got a core with ratios near 35:1 up here last night.  He was sharing obs in the middle of the night.  BTW Kevin, during storms I have those same dreams.  I know it is snowing outside while I sleep, and I keep having this recurring dream that I wake up and it is green outside....or it is snowing but not sticking on anything.  It's so weird!  Then I have to force myself awake and go look out the window - like a baby needing a pacifer to go back to sleepies.

Newport ending this storm the same way it started, in the hole of a donut.

I'm not surprised New Bedford has cars stranded, the radar there looks nuts.

I was pleasantly surprised we had the additional 3 inches.  I wasn't expecting anything.  7 inches is probably one of the...if not theee lowest total in the region..but anytime Newport has an all snow event I guess we have to consider ourselves lucky.  I always say living here is worth it when I'm swimming in the ocean in late September with warm water temps still up in the upper 60s! But other than Block Island and perhaps Nantucket I really can't think of any place in New England that gets less snow.  I don't have an official snow total for the Vineyard but I'm guessing they've picked up 15 inches more snow than us this winter.

I was pleasantly surprised we had the additional 3 inches.  I wasn't expecting anything.  7 inches is probably one of the...if not theee lowest total in the region..but anytime Newport has an all snow event I guess we have to consider ourselves lucky.  I always say living here is worth it when I'm swimming in the ocean in late September with warm water temps still up in the upper 60s! But other than Block Island and perhaps Nantucket I really can't think of any place in New England that gets less snow.  I don't have an official snow total for the Vineyard but I'm guessing they've picked up 15 inches more snow than us this winter.

And yet there's still a drift in my backyard that reaches the top of the fence.  It's a testament to how fierce this winter has been that even underperforming, every storm, we've got what we have on the ground.  I'm going to try to xcountry around ocean drive today.  I figure no way they can keep the roads clean with this blowing.

It's hard not to be jealous though.

There's no doubt having watched the radar obsessively, that we have the lowest for miles, it's almost comical.  Moses, RI.

Archived