Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA & The Fringes - Mid-Winter 14/15

PennMan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think MDT bottomed out at 0 and missed the record by one degree. Bummer!

WWA up for us, 1-" expected.

we will exceed 1"

MDT just will not break 0... that was lowest last winter too... still has been since Feb 6 1996 since MDT last reporting a reading below 0

I think their therm. is broken. i had -1, but a couple people near me had -3. What did you have up on the hill?

we will exceed 1"

I think their therm. is broken. i had -1, but a couple people near me had -3. What did you have up on the hill?

I had -2 as my min.  I always wonder what kind of impact the river has on temps at the airport.  The always seem to be at least a degree or two warmer than all surrounding stations in area. 

I had -2 as my min.  I always wonder what kind of impact the river has on temps at the airport.  The always seem to be at least a degree or two warmer than all surrounding stations in area. 

i know we talked about that before. really this is only 1 degree off, sometimes there is a pretty big difference.

Man a buddy in Mifflin County had his furnace pipes burst and flooded his house with CO2 overnight. Scary stuff.

You mean CO ? That sucks, sounds like they're very lucky

could make for a interesting commute tomorrow!

I don't know what to think. Sterling's office just updated to say that dry area is winning out from the north and areas near the M/D line will see far less snow than originally anticipated. It will be interesting to see what Eric has to say for our general area specifically.

I don't know what to think. Sterling's office just updated to say that dry area is winning out from the north and areas near the M/D line will see far less snow than originally anticipated. It will be interesting to see what Eric has to say for our general area specifically.

I just read that. I guess were in a wait / hold and see pattern. It is what it is, right?......

MDT just will not break 0... that was lowest last winter too... still has been since Feb 6 1996 since MDT last reporting a reading below 0

Do you think MDT has another shot later this week?  Either Thursday or Friday mornings look like another sub-zero low opportunity, and there will be a deeper (I use the term lightly) snowpack.

Tying the record at zero degrees that last happened back in 1905 on this date is really amazing. It's also hard to believe that it has been 19 years since MDT last had a sub-zero low temp. Capital City dropped to -1 so at least one of the local airports dropped below zero. 

Interesting...Horst tweet says that "jet coupling may lead this storm to overperform tonight in parts of the northern mid atantic region."

Yes, that's always a feature to watch for and in storms where the fluff factor is high it could really boost totals.  Some people are freaking over the latest "Dry" runs of the HRRR, but I wouldn't freak out.  

At this point before the storm, I usually close the laptop and enjoy the weather outside.  Too many people, esp. in the Mid Atlantic, forum, are going nuts analyzing every snippet of an AFD, radar frame, bit of sun peeking though.  Thank the weenie gods this particular sub-forum is mentally stable.

lol.

Our rescue is on its 2nd working fire of the day and its our companies 3rd in 2 days.

Archived