joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

bluewave

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think they go below zero for sure

I doubt it, they'll get to 2 or 3 probably, the CAA is maximized right now, after 03Z or so the 850s begin to warm somewhat.  Also their winds will drop off thereafter possibly allowing the UHI to become a factor.  I could see them getting down to 2 by 11pm and then staying there or going up to 3.  If winds were veering towards 35-36 I'd definitely have given it a good chance.

I just got in from being outside for a good 10 minutes walking from the subway to my apt. I can honestly say without exaggeration that was the coldest I ever remember being in my life. It almost hurt to breathe lol. Curious to see how low we wind up going in the park.

Try skiing when it's -30 out.

I just got in from being outside for a good 10 minutes walking from the subway to my apt. I can honestly say without exaggeration that was the coldest I ever remember being in my life. It almost hurt to breathe lol. Curious to see how low we wind up going in the park.

Agree. I have never felt it this cold in my life...

Ha was actually supposed to be up in lake placid for a ski weekend but we cancelled because of the temps. It's not even the cold though, but the wind that goes right through you. Still standing by what I said.

Yea, I was up at Killington back during the 2004 mega cold outbreak in January.  Holy crap, THAT was cold.  It didn't matter how many layers I had on, it was about -35 at the peak with a pretty stiff wind.

We went to Smuggler's Notch this past weekend, it got down to about -20 but we were probably skiing at the top when it was around -15 out.  That was tolerable.

Ha was actually supposed to be up in lake placid for a ski weekend but we cancelled because of the temps. It's not even the cold though, but the wind that goes right through you. Still standing by what I said.

We're up at gore tonight, -13 right now with a good wind. Coldest I've ever been in here was -17, should beat that tonight. It definitely takes some time to get used to.

Archived