Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache

bluewave

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your cold nights will never coincide with NYC because you are relying on radiational cooling whereas they need windy CAA. Saw this last winter when most suburban areas had coldest night on January 4 but it was January 7 that Central Park reached its winter minimum of 4F.

Oh I agree.. Its still a disappointment though lol.

1.1 degrees in Bronxville, NY definitely going below 0 tonight first time I remember it going that low! Loving it to be honest! At least we're not cold and dry and warm and rainy. That pattern sucks.

It's been this cold in Westchester many times....check out 1/4/14 last year for example. It was also quite cold on 1/7/14 and 2/28/14. We also had zero temperatures in late January 2011, around 1/16/09, and a couple times in January 2004. We almost always have at least one night in the lower single digits and can get in the 0F to -5F range in the most bitter outbreaks...1/4 was widespread negatives in central and northern Westchester last winter for instance.

6hrly low at NYC is 4. Doesn't want to budge.

Cpk ='s what's radiational cooling. CAA or nothing at all. FOK was -8 the other day. I think they have hit bottom. 4 this late in the season has to be equal to 0 or below in early January. So this event is no joke. It totally screwed up my truck trying to leave the city big time problems

4 is definitely impressive no matter how you slice it especially in mid February. There may be another chance in a few days though any additional single digit low will add on to the wow factor.

I myself am stuck at 3F and it's barely budging. Probably won't hit zero after all but it's not like it matters. Whether it's 0 or 3F it's still going to feel the same outside with those winds.

Archived