Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snowathon Obs/ Nowcast 02/07-02/09

40/70 Benchmark

You are like me - Call Shoveling "Interaction with the Snow"    

So I just got off the phone with Paul Kocin - He may be flying to Boston.  Please tell him if you know him to come!  I'll Gladly drive him around!  He is Very very bullish on the setup for Thursday.  Not sure if the storm will form right, but Loves the setup, and says this snow isn't going Anywhere.  

:weenie:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty intense blob of 25-30dbz coming straight for me out of Litchfield County. That has to be at least 1"/hr stuff. I already got one inch from the burst half hour ago. Let's get another inch on top from this upcoming burst!

Picked up another half inch outta that little band..13.5" storm total from Sat-now...nice event, and promises of possibly a doozy Thurs, epic stretch

Um is this SW strengthening in NY and bringing moisture up the coast? Go to regional WV loop

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/

looks good with all that stuff lifting up from  along and off Mid -Atlantic and our little dinky doo thing east of  Binghamton sliding slowly east but nahhhh

I did see some OE precip on a few panels of GFS and Nam over cape SE mass on Wednesday

I remember you, life is just not fair. Where did you live down here and which winter do you think is better?.

Was in Pikesville, then for 09/10 I was in College Park, then moved to DC the past few winters. 

09/10 was crazy because of the two in a row which paralyzed everything for a week, and I remember the waist deep snow everywhere after the second.

If Thursday verifies, this one will probably top it, though :P 

Was in Pikesville, then for 09/10 I was in College Park, then moved to DC the past few winters. 

09/10 was crazy because of the two in a row which paralyzed everything for a week, and I remember the waist deep snow everywhere after the second.

If Thursday verifies, this one will probably top it, though :P

I work in Pikesville but live north of there. I got 52" on Feb 6 and 10th combined and had 94" for the winter. I hope you get hit Thursday and surpass that because i know it was by far the most enjoyable 4 days and winter of my life.

Archived