Obs/Weenie disco thread for SWFE to coastal Feb 2

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you guys Believe this?????

NWS Boston (@NWSBoston)

2/2/15, 2:28 PM

As of 1 PM Boston has now set a new record for snowiest 7 day period 34.2 inches. Old record 31.2 in ending 01/08/1996.

They very well may make it to 40" in 7 days. Outside chance of beating the old record by a foot.

13", SN/SN+. Just snapped my second shovel, contemplating "foraging" for a snowblower.

This stretch is phenomenal.

This is why I recommend getting your hands on a Jebman shovel. A Jebman shovel is a steel square-edged construction shovel with a reinforced fiberglass handle. It stands up to hard use and can be used to chip away thick ice as well in order to meet classical Jebman Standards of thorough snow and ice removal.

You can find one at your local hardware outlet. Buy a couple, or better yet, five.

Congratulations on the latest snow!

ORH airport had 11.2 officially just before 3 o'clock. I'm going to guess at at leas 3"/hr rates since....so they should end up at 16 or 17 inches if not better. Northern ORH county is passing 20". Snow IMBY is now past last Wednesday AM (but not sure how the wind has played on this). Most of the snow was much denser than the blizzard. And now Thursday-Friday looks increasingly serious... and maybe Sunday-Monday... seems like this is a historic winter.. Who'd have thunk it three weeks ago?

Archived