12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA & the fringes - January 2015 Part III

Atomixwx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be interesting to see how quick we turn it over to snow here in NEPA. We've got some heavier stuff right on our doorstep as the changeover tries to push through...if we get the cold air pressing in quicker, we could definitely get a solid few inches.

0z GFS...note where some heavier rates are setting up as the precip lines move in.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_6.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_7.png

I think the Winter Weather Advisory will be extended a few counties to the west in CTP's region. Noon temp in Harrisburg near 35 with dew point near 24. I don't think reach the mid 40's like some forecasts suggested.

It looks like a close call. Pushing 50 near the MD border. Hanging in the mid 30s around Harrisburg. 

How much snow does everyone have on the ground? I'd eyeball 6" + or - a few here.

A few measurements in the backyard yielded between 9-10" still, which was a negligible change from yesterday. The couple areas around the front yard that normally thin out more still have around 4-6". Temps dropped to around 28 last night here which stopped melting and refroze the pack a bit. 

Typical muted torch weather today for east of the Allegheny front, temps about 40 or so and overcast. Just wanna get this system and my pity coating at the end out of the way and move on haha. 

Quite the temperature contrast going on right now in Central PA.  Temps pushing into the upper 40s and even some low 50s showing up between the west side of State College and Altoona. Meanwhile, the airport NE of State College is at 37° and we are hanging near 40° in Bellefonte. Wonder how far north that warming will be able to get before things start cooling later this evening/overnight.

Quite the temperature contrast going on right now in Central PA.  Temps pushing into the upper 40s and even some low 50s showing up between the west side of State College and Altoona. Meanwhile, the airport NE of State College is at 37° and we are hanging near 40° in Bellefonte. Wonder how far north that warming will be able to get before things start cooling later this evening/overnight.

44F at the Walker station.

I think I may have been over zealous with the cold push this evening into tomorrow morning especially the depth of the cold layer. Looks more like ZR than snow. Tough to analyze things when it hurts to sit at a computer for 30 min :/

did I miss something? why can't you sit for long periods?

temp was 44.7f  when I last checked. about 30 minutes ago.

Looks like there's still 8-10" in the wooded areas around me. Solid enough that it's going to take some pretty heavy rain and warm temps to put a real dent in it. Then there's the couple of inches possible on the tail end of this one to add to it. However, been my experience that accumulations at the end of these type situations rarely live up to predictions - usually just fizzling out to a coating at best.

did I miss something? why can't you sit for long periods?

temp was 44.7f when I last checked. about 30 minutes ago.

I have a pinched nerve in the right side of my neck. Been dealing with it for a few weeks now. I've been treating it everyday and I go see a Chiropractor every other day during the week. Been a rough go.

39/28 at Millersville

Why is no one calling for ZR lol looks like a lot!

there is a very warm layer just above the surface where if there actually ends up enough precip falling to get through dry air and reach the ground that surface temps may actually warm around LSV from what they are at now.  To me it will be too warm for anything but rain until the cold air comes through which now does not look to be as sharp of a cold front as it looked a few days ago.  The problem right now is rates are not nearly heavy enough across eastern PA that while radar looks like it should be raining there are no reports at the surface of precip.

edit: no reports until what was posted right before me lol

Archived