Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA & the fringes - January 2015 Part III

Atomixwx

Voyager and I get 2-3' of snow on the GGEM, okay :lmao:

One of those models was giving me over 40" last night and 12 hours later took it pretty much all away.

I think we can say safely say that wintery weather will occur in proximity to us between Sunday and Wedneday...and i think right now that's the only thing that can be said with confidence.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of those models was giving me over 40" last night and 12 hours later took it pretty much all away.

I think we can say safely say that wintery weather will occur in proximity to us between Sunday and Wedneday...and i think right now that's the only thing that can be said with confidence.

Yep.

12z GFS keeps it cold enough for snow most of PA 0c line running right around PA/MD border. Long event again with low pressure developing around 132hr. 

I wasn't going to do these until the weekend, but here is the 150hr total snowfall from the 12z GFS. At this point, while it's nothing to write home about, it isn't really that bad. New York (state) jackpots again though.

post-317-0-97774900-1423074144_thumb.jpg

Pretty nice day here, but not enough to do much to the snowpack. Still around 11" depth wise and I might be able to take a sledgehammer to it now..maybe. 

have you taken a core sample and melted it down by chance? curious to see what the liquid content is at that depth

Pretty nice day here, but not enough to do much to the snowpack. Still around 11" depth wise and I might be able to take a sledgehammer to it now..maybe. 

Yeah it's not going anywhere even with the temperature at 40°...low dew points assisting there.

I was down north of Chambersburg earlier this afternoon and there were some south facing hillsides starting to show some grass, but that was with a much lower starting point than we have.

Been to Blue Knob recently?  Heading there Saturday...conditions should be pretty good I'd think.

Yeah it's not going anywhere even with the temperature at 40°...low dew points assisting there.

I was down north of Chambersburg earlier this afternoon and there were some south facing hillsides starting to show some grass, but that was with a much lower starting point than we have.

Been to Blue Knob recently?  Heading there Saturday...conditions should be pretty good I'd think.

I was last there Friday Jan 23rd during the late afternoon/early evening and that southern stream system started hitting with the heavy snow during the last few hours I was there. Conditions were quite nice even at that point and were probably amazing after the last couple snow events before we had the crap storm Sunday night.

I guess they've got it groomed back up good again and some fresh snow overnight and chilly temps tomorrow and Friday should make it really nice for Saturday when the temps moderate a bit. Most of their trails have been open too. 

Archived