joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WinterWolf: To answer your question, I was at Western all day Danbury just got back, I got like about 10 or 11" from 12/19. I remember it winding down early in the morning hours, I remember some mod to heavy snow at times but the heaviest was in southern Middlesex and new London counties as well as long island. They got hammered. Pretty sure it was fluff too.

WinterWolf: To answer your question, I was at Western all day Danbury just got back, I got like about 10 or 11" from 12/19. I remember it winding down early in the morning hours, I remember some mod to heavy snow at times but the heaviest was in southern Middlesex and new London counties as well as long island. They got hammered. Pretty sure it was fluff too.

Yes, I remember that one..you are so right the heaviest was down in Middlesex and New London.  They had over 20 inches in New London I remember.  It was hours and hours of Virga here with that one due to the very cold air/dew points, that we wasted tons of precip drying up in mid air.  

I wouldn't lock in any area for a jackpot yet

I realize I suggested Foxboro but that has been deflated

Yeah no kidding. Southern areas have had so few storms show up on models this year this close that everyone is going nuts. I wait until 24 hours before. A 30 miles shift can and does happen even the day of the storm and that can change everything. This could go OTS or go inland. We won't know till sooner. But at least there's something to watch.

Archived