amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmph, you got me there. I think every February since 2008 expect 2012 has averaged either near normal or above normal in terms of snowfall. Can we keep that streak going? Lets see! I hope your right! 

Just relax a bit. It has been an abysmal 6 weeks. And you've got every right to complain about it. But throwing in the towel for the rest of the winter is ridiculous, especially for someone like you who is going to be posting prolifically the minute the next threat emerges.

I'm just curious why KIND isn't giving totals for Sunday night.  I'm technically 7 miles south of IWX's grids and they've got 1-3 for Sunday night just north of me where as KIND just says 80% chance of snow between 8pm and 3am..  Is this just office specific? The totals for the day include the nightly forecast?  Just curious, it seems odd.

Man it's so nice to see a storm ramp up steadily and improve with every run in the final 48hrs.  Seems like it has been the complete opposite on many occasions this season.  

No kidding.  This winter by now 95% would have been all depressed and looking at some 240 hour storm for some happiness.  Honestly I am still having a hard time accepting this storm.  This winter has made me a bit overcautious.  :lol:

Worst winter in years. Cold and snow-less. The one potential storm we could have had swings us from 8-12" 3 days out, to 6-9", only to end up with rain and 1-2". With ground temps up today, it isn't like any of that will end up sticking. Typical crap weather for central Indiana.

There I feel better now, thanks for the complaint thread.

I'm just curious why KIND isn't giving totals for Sunday night.  I'm technically 7 miles south of IWX's grids and they've got 1-3 for Sunday night just north of me where as KIND just says 80% chance of snow between 8pm and 3am..  Is this just office specific? The totals for the day include the nightly forecast?  Just curious, it seems odd.

A lot of offices around us do give amounts, have noticed this also. Especially when you get up around the lakes. Ours sometimes does not more than a day out. Assuming it is a lack of confidence, I think we have a met from Indy on here maybe he can chime in.

I'll keep this in the banter thread. Just woke up to a dog fight outside our window so I decided to check the storm progress. Dry Air as expected. Amazing how northern Indiana and Illinois didn't have virga at all but here every single time there is VIRGA. Look at GRR radar I think they j u st over came it so hopefully it will be okay and snowing here by 3 am. Sorry for the rant but I hate virga!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep this in the banter thread. Just woke up to a dog fight outside our window so I decided to check the storm progress. Dry Air as expected. Amazing how northern Indiana and Illinois didn't have virga at all but here every single time there is VIRGA. Look at GRR radar I think they j u st over came it so hopefully it will be okay and snowing here by 3 am. Sorry for the rant but I hate virga!!!!!!!!!!!

Your banter is unwarranted. The snow's not even to you yet. :lol:

BTW, I stood by the window and it had that moist smell that usually comes before t'storms...

Your banter is unwarranted. The snow's not even to you yet. :lol:

BTW, I stood by the window and it had that moist smell that usually comes before t'storms...

:huh:  Yes it was as you obviously were not using the Composite radar view.  Composite shows more of what is happening throughout the column and not just at the surface (Base).

Regardless if it wasn't for that fn dog fight I wouldn't have even known about it as it looks it only lasted about a bit over an hour.  Thank goodness!! :thumbsup:

I think I was more pissed about waking from a dead sleep when I know sleep with a storm like this is going to be hard to come by :lol:

Unreal that this current storm keeps bumping north, like another well known storm 4 years ago to the day. And falling on/around Groundhog Day. You can't make this stuff up. Oh well, glad I decided not to roll the dice in LAF for it.

What an awful and heartbreaking system. Just over an inch this morning and my daytime forecast is down. Warm air continues to march north. Winter blows. Bring on spring.

I am not feeling good even about six inches now.

What an awful and heartbreaking system. Just over an inch this morning and my daytime forecast is down. Warm air continues to march north. Winter blows. Bring on spring.

I feel your pain Jim. I asked the WCM at IWX point blank on a conference call about concerns of the models continuing to shift north and cutting back on totals in the southern part of the CWA and northern part of IND and his reply was no, no concern.

I wake up this morning to rain! I look at the radar and see a huge dry slot! Maybe more coffee will help but right now I'm pissed.

Yeah, I'm sitting at an 1.5 underneath this huge screw hole.  I'm not completely giving up yet.  Think theres going tp be a steep gradient NW to SE w SE being on the warm side. Think SE of MIE to Haute is going to be liquid.  If we can stay around 33 or 34 and keep a more easterly component to the wind we should see some decent snow still.  850's should still be plenty cold this far north over head.  Literally on the line though.  Think could still pull out 6-8 up here  :whistle:  :weenie:

I feel your pain Jim. I asked the WCM at IWX point blank on a conference call about concerns of the models continuing to shift north and cutting back on totals in the southern part of the CWA and northern part of IND and his reply was no, no concern.

I wake up this morning to rain! I look at the radar and see a huge dry slot! Maybe more coffee will help but right now I'm pissed.

I woke up to WSW's on almost every side of me, with me under an advisory lol.  I feel like the kid in Kramer vs Kramer sometimes being so close to IND and IWX grids :axe:

Archived