joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midtown/downtown Detroit. Downtown grand rapids. That's it.

Pass.

I'd probably go the Grand Rapids route, but not downtown.... I'd move there to be closer to the lake, which is probably 25 miles from the city anyhow.

Downtown Detroit is not really an option for someone with kids, private schools will kill your pocket book. Public schools, not happening there.

Already enjoyed a 20" event this winter, nowhere to go but down from there. Can't for warm nights sipping beers under the stars watching storms roll in :)

That does sound pretty nice right about now.

On the other hand, I know in actuality it's months away and until then as much snow as possible is preferable to cover up the brown mushy "grass" and piles of ice-mud.

Suburb life blows

Whatever you do please do NOT move out into the country.  It's horrible out here. Just miserable

Pass.

I'd probably go the Grand Rapids route, but not downtown.... I'd move there to be closer to the lake, which is probably 25 miles from the city anyhow.

Downtown Detroit is not really an option for someone with kids, private schools will kill your pocket book. Public schools, not happening there.

I love hear people who want to live in the cities.  I don't want to see any new subs being put in anywhere close to me. 

Northern MI & the UP already have enough people in it.  MI has enough people in it and IMO too many.

Honestly I love hearing people who want to move where it is warmer.  YES PLEASE LEAVE!!!  I have no problem suggesting that they should get definitely get out of MI as it is just horrible here  :pimp:  .

I love the climate here and want people who hate it to leave and go overcrowd another state!!

Whatever you do please do NOT move out into the country. It's horrible out here. Just miserable

I love hear people who want to live in the cities. I don't want to see any new subs being put in anywhere close to me.

Northern MI & the UP already have enough people in it. MI has enough people in it and IMO too many.

Honestly I love hearing people who want to move where it is warmer. YES PLEASE LEAVE!!! I have no problem suggesting that they should get definitely get out of MI as it is just horrible here :pimp: .

I love the climate here and want people who hate it to leave and go overcrowd another state!!

I'd love to see a 3M reduction in the population. It would probably hurt my business, but it's out of my control anyhow.

Whatever you do please do NOT move out into the country.  It's horrible out here. Just miserable

I love hear people who want to live in the cities.  I don't want to see any new subs being put in anywhere close to me. 

Northern MI & the UP already have enough people in it.  MI has enough people in it and IMO too many.

Honestly I love hearing people who want to move where it is warmer.  YES PLEASE LEAVE!!!  I have no problem suggesting that they should get definitely get out of MI as it is just horrible here  :pimp:  .

This 1000%.

That makes sense, when you love the climate who would want to hear all the naysayers trying to bring you down?

I hate seeing the sun come out when I already know the temps are above freezing. Full hibernation mode today, as I hate hearing the trickle of melting and all the slop. We sure have had many "weekend warmups" this winter. Now all of our snow will be icy and slippery yet again. Hard to enjoy it when there's no new fluff. We are going to have a glacier over a foot deep now.

In the last few years, since 08-09 to be more specific, Toronto has been dealt with alot of bad cards and this Winter is no different. From all the historic blizzards to our south, only to become just another classic snowstorm (~6") here. Its putrid. This is getting outrageous now. Two to at tops three seasons was bad, but another one in the making? Give me a break. This is bull****.

Boston getting another major snowstorm next week too. Horrendous! Word of advice; don't come to Toronto if you want to see snow because you ain't seeing ****.

In the last few years, since 08-09 to be more specific, Toronto has been dealt with alot of bad cards and this Winter is no different. From all the historic blizzards to our south, only to become just another classic snowstorm (~6") here. Its putrid. This is getting outrageous now. Two to at tops three seasons was bad, but another one in the making? Give me a break. This is bull****.

Boston getting another major snowstorm next week too. Horrendous! Word of advice; don't come to Toronto if you want to see snow because you ain't seeing ****.

Move two hours north to Muskoka. I lived there for 2 years and the winters were awesome. Lots of snow off Georgian Bay and cold enough for several feet to pile up throughout the winter. The difference between there and Toronto was amazing.

everything averages out.  I'm good where I sit.

they do have an amazing moisture source available.

And this is record/historic for them despite HAVING the moisture source. Id be a damn liar if I said I wasnt jealous of them...but Id much rather be in your shoes than theirs for a spring melt. There were minor issues, but we escaped disaster last March when our snowpack, laden with 4" water content, melted slowly without a torch or any rain. I dont know if they will be so lucky.

Archived