wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was internet dead for a couple days after a big blow up here.  Was surprised to see the evolution of the storm as compared a couple days ago.  Congrats to the big winners and so sorry to the losers in S Ohio and C IN... really sucks to see the storm creep north like this but the biggies usually do.

Will be in Chicago Thursday, am excited to see the aftermath.

Been snowing for almost 3 days here, nothing too grand tho.  I've had little over 8", same at MQT I believe too.  snow depth is sitting around 40" currently.  91 days of constant snow cover (at least another 90 to go), 80 of that over 2'.  I've been googling Spring images lately. :D

Enjoy the storm and the game everyone!

I don't know what's worse. Sitting here watching the rain approach, or reading all of the meteorologists all over Facebook and Twitter whine about people yelling at them because their forecast sucked. The writing was on the wall for this one days ago once the northern trend began, and once this begins, it is never done and is usually under-modeled.

Well, models continue to divert away from my region with the Feb 1st-2nd storm and atm, it doesn't seem like were going to see anything noteworthy afterwards. This Winter's a turd.

Bring on spring. Getting real tired of this sh!t now. 

Lmao, I got to arrogant and made an ignorant comment that has backfired on me. I guess i should let everything just play out till the last minute before i make any remarks. I guess the idea of all the dissatisfaction my area has received in the past few years has sort of plagued down my own judgement. I'll think twice before making any final decision. Never challenge mother nature because she always has surprises up her sleeve. 

I deserved the criticism made on this comment above. 

Couldn't even get a lousy inch from this POS storm. This one may rank higher than GHD on my personal most hated winter storms list. I may need to update that list later. :lol::ee:

It could always be worse..... maybe

SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN REPORTS LISTED BY AMOUNT
02/02/2011
INCHES LOCATION ST COUNTY TIME
------ ----------------------- -- -------------- -------

4.00 FRANKFORT IN CLINTON 0947 PM
     4.0 INCHES OF SLEET STORM TOTAL THUS
     FAR...CONTINUES TO FALL. VISIBILITY REDUCED
     TO 300 FT AT TIMES.

4.00 FRANKFORT IN CLINTON 0750 PM

3.00 FRANKFORT IN CLINTON 0450 PM
     WHITE-OUT CONDITIONS DUE TO SLEET.

1.90 S LAFAYETTE IN TIPPECANOE 0700 PM
     1.9 INCHES OF SLEET IN LAST 6 HRS. TOTAL SNOW
     AND ICE DEPTH ON GROUND IS 4.0 INCHES.

1.50 CARMEL IN HAMILTON 0742 PM

1.30 MCCORDSVILLE IN HANCOCK 0611 PM

1.20 YORKTOWN IN DELAWARE 0553 PM
     1.20 INCHES STORM TOTAL THUS FAR OF SNOW AND
     SLEET. VERY LITTLE ICE STICKING TO ANYTHING.

It could always be worse..... maybe

SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN REPORTS LISTED BY AMOUNT
02/02/2011
INCHES LOCATION ST COUNTY TIME
------ ----------------------- -- -------------- -------

4.00 FRANKFORT IN CLINTON 0947 PM
     4.0 INCHES OF SLEET STORM TOTAL THUS
     FAR...CONTINUES TO FALL. VISIBILITY REDUCED
     TO 300 FT AT TIMES.

4.00 FRANKFORT IN CLINTON 0750 PM

3.00 FRANKFORT IN CLINTON 0450 PM
     WHITE-OUT CONDITIONS DUE TO SLEET.

1.90 S LAFAYETTE IN TIPPECANOE 0700 PM
     1.9 INCHES OF SLEET IN LAST 6 HRS. TOTAL SNOW
     AND ICE DEPTH ON GROUND IS 4.0 INCHES.

1.50 CARMEL IN HAMILTON 0742 PM

1.30 MCCORDSVILLE IN HANCOCK 0611 PM

1.20 YORKTOWN IN DELAWARE 0553 PM
     1.20 INCHES STORM TOTAL THUS FAR OF SNOW AND
     SLEET. VERY LITTLE ICE STICKING TO ANYTHING.

lol thanks, I needed that reminder.  :arrowhead:

As I watch the snow melt here with temps torching and rain continuing to fall, this one now joins my other two most hated winter storms of all-time: Nov 31-Dec 1, 2006 and GHD. F*ck 'em all. :)

As I watch the snow melt here with temps torching and rain continuing to fall, this one now joins my other two most hated winter storms of all-time: Nov 31-Dec 1, 2006 and GHD. F*ck 'em all. :)

Ahh that freaking sucks man.  I was feeling pretty confident about my 8" call for LAF.   :(

This one ranks right up there with GHD. Even though I've received 3.5" of heart attack snow, less than 24 hrs ago I was staring double digits in the face. I might as well live at CMH. Should have followed my sig.

This one ranks right up there with GHD. Even though I've received 3.5" of heart attack snow, less than 24 hrs ago I was staring double digits in the face. I might as well live at CMH. Should have followed my sig.

That sucks. Even if we failed here, which I kinda expected, I thought you'd make out well.

Screw the models. I'm taking a "see it to believe it" attitude from here on out. Also going to save myself $20/month and cancel my WxBell subscription stat. That'll show 'em.  :D

Hey watch it....we're doing another March '08 this winter....and you don't want me trolling you do you?  

At least our bust had a parachute with it....we saw the cracks in the armor start forming about 3 nights ago when the nam and gfs started going north.   That sinking feeling set in and the euro just wasn't giving the reassurance it once did.   I feel sorry for you guys who had the rugs pulled out from you inside 24 hours.    Nice snowstorm for the Chicago to Detroit crowd.   Congrats to you guys though.  Just stay the f*ck out this thread now for the rest of this season, your banter/complaint cards have been pulled.

This one didn't hurt nearly as bad a last Jan 5th.   On that storm we were Truly alone in the bust room.  At least we have company here this time. :hug: If you want a tour let me know, I know this place like the back of my a**, here's a hint, the buffet table runs out wings fast so grab 'em why you can.

That sucks. Even if we failed here, which I kinda expected, I thought you'd make out well.

Screw the models. I'm taking a "see it to believe it" attitude from here on out. Also going to save myself $20/month and cancel my WxBell subscription stat. That'll show 'em.  :D

I love this idea.  Not just the wxbell model fiasco, but JB insisting late into last night the track to VA would ultimately hold.  His video was quite short this morning.

Nice snowstorm for the Chicago to Detroit crowd.   Congrats to you guys though.  Just stay the f*ck out this thread now for the rest of this season, your banter/complaint cards have been pulled.

Right on. :devilsmiley:   :P

Though looking at the list of the top posters in this thread, just me and your's b*tching and complaining didn't work. Though Hoosier had to travel to see it.   :lol:

I didn't even go read the afternoon AFD but Indy should have pulled the plug. I don't know what they could be thinking.

Yeah, I don't know. Don't need any headlines at all, at this point. Roads are clear and nothing wintry happening the rest of the way. It is raining pretty good here right now...might be able to melt off all the snow before all is said and done.

Archived