joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In downtown Chicago this morning and I swear you could never tell there was a 20" snow. Have to agree with alek, snow is useless after it stops falling here.

I feel like a church mouse here too :D

they were loading up huge dumpsters and hauling snow off on semis this morning outside my office :)

I am sooooo glad most people love the city life. It is just soooo not me!!!

Well I wouldn't say MOST people...:lmao:

But yeah, it's hard to beat the easy access you have to so many different amenities in the city (not to mention the plethora of cultural attractions). In fact, I can't imagine ever living further than 30 minutes from a big city.

As you stated though, to each his/her own.

Well I wouldn't say MOST people... :lmao:

But yeah, it's hard to beat the easy access you have to so many different amenities in the city (not to mention the plethora of cultural attractions). In fact, I can't imagine ever living further than 30 minutes from a big city.

Pretty hard nowadays not to be 30 mins from some form of a big city.  If you talking a major metro downtown ... I can't get far enough away :rambo: 

I'm about to head back home.  7 hour drive... could not live like this but it is fascinating for a day.

back to the woods for me!

2 peas in a pod!! B)

12z euro run has to be the most boring run yet since mid Nov.  Outside maybe extreme northeast portions of the subforum.  Not even a minor threat to track the next 10 days.  

Crazy warmth breaking out in the central and northern plains towards the end of the run.

only a matter of time until that warmth rolls east and we can start of proper run of torches :weenie:

Well I wouldn't say MOST people...:lmao:

Depends on the stage of life you are in. Those amenities you listed would probably be utilized once every 3-6 months by me personally. I'm more interested in lite traffic and green space nearby.... when my finances improve when my children get older, I might look at investing in a second home in northern Michigan, gradually moving that way permanently.

City life was attractive when I didn't have kids and wanted to be close to bars, restaurants and just people in general. Way past that stage of life now.

Winter and big cities works even less, people rarely even go outside for 6 months out of the year, what good are neighbors here.

I have had my major storm just need 6" for normal so bring on spring and severe weather.

Enough of this warmth talk. Let's let Winter play out. Lots of time for some more thumps. Only thing, when Spring finally does come, a decent severe season would be nice. Long overdue. Until then, lock in the cold and snow!

Enough of this warmth talk. Let's let Winter play out. Lots of time for some more thumps. Only thing, when Spring finally does come, a decent severe season would be nice. Long overdue. Until then, lock in the cold and snow!

winter isn't going anywhere according to the models. Very steep ridge to the west that eventually flattens out before the cold air arrives yet again.

In downtown Chicago this morning and I swear you could never tell there was a 20" snow. Have to agree with alek, snow is useless after it stops falling here.

I feel like a church mouse here too :D

As I always say when a storm goes south of me.... No trails = useless.

Applies to skiing and snowmobiling.

That's one of my goals in my life to have a place up in northern Michigan (snow belt) by or before my mid 40's.

:yikes:  mid-40s :bag: that's me.  That is more because we travel to many different places and have a place up north would more or less tie us down to one place (got to take care of it).  That is why we decided to buy on a lake a few years ago.

We are considering retiring near Petoskey area but that is 20 years off or more with college prices :weep:

:yikes:  mid-40s :bag: that's me.  That is more because we travel to many different places and have a place up north would more or less tie us down to one place (got to take care of it).  That is why we decided to buy on a lake a few years ago.

We are considering retiring near Petoskey area but that is 20 years off or more with college prices :weep:

I'm loan sharking my children's college, I'll loan them the money, but they are paying me back at no interest. 

I have a cousin who saves... get this, $2000 a month for his 5 children and their future college needs.

F-ck that, daddy has parted with enough money as it is... By the time they hit 18, I'll have shelled out several $100 grand to raise them already. 

/rant off.

Alright. I'm over it. Either another huge snow storm or 50 degrees and some rain. no longer jealous of the north easT. Now I'm jealous of the 67 I saw for Kansas City

City living is far more enjoyable warm. The cold is more of a hindrance, I mean seriously, what can you do with snow in the city besides look at it?

Archived