12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still at less than 2" on the season, and I woke up to... rain!  Just flipped over to snow but it looks like November out with snowflakes falling and melting in the puddles in the parking lot.

I mean if the north side of a Clipper... in late January... in the morning... can only produce rain... blow it up.   Blow the whole thing up and let's get some nader action going.

Still at less than 2" on the season, and I woke up to... rain!  Just flipped over to snow but it looks like November out with snowflakes falling and melting in the puddles in the parking lot.

I mean if the north side of a Clipper... in late January... in the morning... can only produce rain... blow it up.   Blow the whole thing up and let's get some nader action going.

No ****ing way. 2' maybe?

36˚ and rain on a clipper that goes west and south of here in late January. It's a small system granted, but I'm feeling a little GHD-like frustration right now. I mean come on, this is silly. If it weren't for the Jan 5-6 clipper here, I'd be at the bottom of a weather pit of despair.

1990's winter making a huge statement this winter in the D.

the cold November, mild December, and snowy January is reminiscent of the 90s winters, though this.January is a little colder and retained snowcover better than 90s winters. If it keeps up a mild February with little snow then a big march snowstorm. Im hoping our recent stretch of epic February's keeps up instead ;)

Hey better then nothing........ I think :unsure:

I'll take every flake that falls. Just sad that all these clippers are kind of falling apart. We can't even get nickeled and dimed now with just penny storms showing up. Heck I was gone to Boyne the past week (ignoring the models) and when I got back I find the bitter cold blast is still out past day 7 and is even now looking to be in jeopardy. This winter is becoming quite comical.

So far the only good news out of this is my work trip to Boston has been cancelled tomorrow.  No desire to be anywhere in that area let alone when this thing winds up and smacks them over the next 72 hours.   Almost .25 in. of woulda shoulda coulda been 3 inches of SN here so far. I can't help but think this thing was doomed from the get go for us by the flow into NW North America and the warm SST anomalies in the NE Pacific. Like a bad Singapore Sling (not that there's a good one lol) too much pineapple juice.  But what do I know  :weenie:

post-4627-0-91419900-1422204631_thumb.jp

I remember about 10 years ago there was LES off of St.Clair that gave Grosse PT up to Harrison TWP 3-6" of snow. It can happen :lol:

Do you or anyone else have any type of write up/info of this? I would really like to see it. In all my years of following weather on this side of the state I have never herd of that much, or any for that matter, LES off Lake St Clair. Thanks for any info you could pass along.....

Since February 2007 IMBY.

6"+: 10

10"+: 5

12"+: 1 (17.0" with VD 2007)

Averaging a little better than one 6"+ event/year is above average. 10"+ storms are way above average. And six of the last eight seasons have had 30" or more snowfall. Of course last season was the best of the best. It's been a very good run here lately. :)

Do you or anyone else have any type of write up/info of this? I would really like to see it. In all my years of following weather on this side of the state I have never herd of that much, or any for that matter, LES off Lake St Clair. Thanks for any info you could pass along.....

I recall that event happening as well. It was featured on TWC even. 

I also recall picking up 3-6" from it in my backyard.

No one seems to remember the exact date though...

Time to take a board break until the east coast weenies stop crashing it. Not going to miss anything of interest anyway.

I was just getting ready to say that the board is acting funny and ssllloowwwiingg wwwaaayy ddooooown. EC'ers are going to crash it again. See you all on the flip side.

No ****ing way. 2' maybe?

3" with today's crap.

I employ a semi-Lagrangian approach to measuring snowfall, so that comes from:

0.7" the day before Thanksgiving at home outside of Philly

1.2" with that messy WAA/fgen set-up two weeks ago

~1" today with the FAIL Clipper.

VPZ has about 7-8" on the season since it cashed in with a Clipper and an Arctic Front while we were in Phoenix for AMS, but I mean still... that's pretty pathetic.

the cold November, mild December, and snowy January is reminiscent of the 90s winters, though this.January is a little colder and retained snowcover better than 90s winters. If it keeps up a mild February with little snow then a big march snowstorm. Im hoping our recent stretch of epic February's keeps up instead ;)

Snowy Jan? Yea but its been rather unimpressive. Unless you do some turd polishing.

I would guess that happens every November, but any snowfall would he over Ontario.

For this to hit Harrison Twp, the moisture source probably started over Huron.

Archived