amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you go off grid for a day, you miss a lot.

I've been lurking on these boards for over 13 years and even though it gets testy at times, all of you "old-timers" provide valuable input. I hope we can keep it up for another 13 years.

I don't know about you but sometimes I wonder if I'll be here in 13 years.  Probably would be hard to completely leave but can envision a day when I only stop by for potential big events.

How many here are true old timers....I'm talking back pre WWBB....TWC days?   I can think of a few including Ji.  There are a lot more from the WWBB days when DT and HM all posted among the weenies.  I know Harry was there....I think you were too Hoosier.

Those were the good ole days.  It was the wild west of forum posting.  WWBB had to close their forum doors lol.

How many here are true old timers....I'm talking back pre WWBB....TWC days?   I can think of a few including Ji.  There are a lot more from the WWBB days when DT and HM all posted among the weenies.  I know Harry was there....I think you were too Hoosier.

Those were the good ole days.  It was the wild west of forum posting.  WWBB had to close their forum doors lol.

I lurked and occasionally posted on TWC in 1998-1999 but didn't really post in earnest until joining WWBB.

that has to be an error.   That would be equivalent to about 40 posts every day for 5 years.   I don't think this forum has even been here 5 years.

Definitely not an error if you follow that thread, he has had days where he has posted over 250 times just in one day.

I was on WWBB as Pinwheeler, but not necessarily the early early days.

Over 30k ahead of the next closest.  How do you even do that.

Don't know but it is amazing..

lol...it was AOL dial-up for me.  Besides TWC, I would pop into the AOL weather chat rooms from time to time.

ugh.. That is what kept me at bay when i first found it in 96 ( was another but i forget the name of it? ) via my ex's mother of all people..lol

What was that other? newx or something like that?

I don't know about you but sometimes I wonder if I'll be here in 13 years.  Probably would be hard to completely leave but can envision a day when I only stop by for potential big events.

I'll probably still be around. I'll be retiring in less than 10 years and will have more time to spend on my hobby. Kind of sad when regular posters disappear.

I'm not a true old timer, joined wwbb in late 2001. I just lurked in those days, didn't really start posting until Eastern.

I was on WWBB as Pinwheeler, but not necessarily the early early days.

I remember you. You kept Pinwheeler on Eastern too, didn't you?

I started at Wwbb in 2002

You started about the same time I did Josh.

I lurked and occasionally posted on TWC in 1998-1999 but didn't really post in earnest until joining WWBB.

Yep, same for me. I recall someone posted a link on TWC for WWBB, and the rest was history. December 2000 basically got me to start actually posting.

Pretty sure my username on the TWC forums was Midwest WX, but it's been Chicago WX since WWBB. 

Wasn't too many of us on WWBB in those days, but it was fun. Ahhh, I've been doing this way too long. :D 

I'll probably still be around. I'll be retiring in less than 10 years and will have more time to spend on my hobby. Kind of sad when regular posters disappear.

I'm not a true old timer, joined wwbb in late 2001. I just lurked in those days, didn't really start posting until Eastern.

I remember you. You kept Pinwheeler on Eastern too, didn't you?

You started about the same time I did Josh.

I remember wanting to join a weather board and found wwbb, & just literally made up a user name on the spot with little thought. I wish I would have thought of a mkre clever name lol,.but I never changed it so the other "old timers" would know it was me if we moved around. So michsnowfreak it is :P

Archived