• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

we've had a couple bad winters in a row, things will work out in the long run. Our climo slays, super dynamic with extremes on both ends

If that is the case, then the NW suburbs of Milwaukee have had dreadful winters the last couple years.  After December 2013, we got nickel and dimed the rest of winter (and even those December storms were right around 6" of snow).  Your backyard had several 6"+ storms, did it not?

I do agree that the climo from May through September pretty much rocks for Milwaukee and Chicago if you like to see t'storm action without stagnant heat for days on end.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never knew you liked summer so much, why stay in Chicago? It's probably the coldest city in North America with more than a million people.

Probably because people don't base their living location solely on weather. If that was the case I'd probably be in OKC or Wichita.

because chicago rules

Pretty much what Detroit should be if they actually took advantage of their waterfront instead of wasted it. Not to mention Chicago actually has a booming nightlife.

Probably because people don't base their living location solely on weather. If that was the case I'd probably be in OKC or Wichita.

Pretty much what Detroit should be if they actually took advantage of their waterfront instead of wasted it. Not to mention Chicago actually has a booming nightlife.

People generally choose where to live because of family, job or weather.

Detroit was like Chicago in the 1950s.

But can't cry over spilled milk. Those days are long gone and not coming back.

Fortunately, there's still Chicago...

It would take a hurricane Katrina. Lol

I could see Detroit being a better version of Cleveland some day. There just isn't enough growth to have another 1 million plus sized city right now.

Detroit metro has 5 million people and only 650,000 live in the city, that will probably fall a tad more before heading back up. I could see the bottom being under 500,000.

Downtown is turning around rapidly, but that is such a small part of the problem.

I could see Detroit being a better version of Cleveland some day. There just isn't enough growth to have another 1 million plus sized city right now.

Detroit metro has 5 million people and only 650,000 live in the city, that will probably fall a tad more before heading back up. I could see the bottom being under 500,000.

Downtown is turning around rapidly, but that is such a small part of the problem.

Downtowns transformation has been awesome over the years.

Detroit was like Chicago in the 1950s.

But can't cry over spilled milk. Those days are long gone and not coming back.

Fortunately, there's still Chicago...

Unlike you, I don't see Detroit as a hopeless cause. Will it ever be like Chicago, probably not but it certainly will be better than what it has been since the early 80s when things really went sour fast. The more this metro gets into the tech/medical field the better off we will be.

Unlike you, I don't see Detroit as a hopeless cause. Will it ever be like Chicago, probably not but it certainly will be better than what it has been since the early 80s when things really went sour fast. The more this metro gets into the tech/medical field the better off we will be.

Right. Detroit is rapidly transitioning to a size it can sustain. There's been nothing but improvements in the last 3 years. I love the city. With all these negative locals it'd no wonder the city has taken this long to come back to the degree it has. Where would we be with people who actually supported their hometown lmao. Anyways... Back to weather.

Just awful...

While I'm sure NWS branches expected shifts southward, I'm not sure if they expected GGEM/GFS/EURO-esque type of erratic shifts.

I''m all for putting a blowtorch to every single model at this point to kill them with fire. They been unrealistically terrible with just about every storm the past at leSt 2 seasons...

Archived