Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OTS

Either that, or temps will be too marginal for the big cities, or some other trick that this winter manages to use.  :P  I don't know much about east coast storms but the weekend one has 850's that are just a little below 0C and no high pressure to the north (retreating high), which seems like a red flag for significant snows unless farther inland. 

Either that, or temps will be too marginal for the big cities, or some other trick that this winter manages to use.  :P  I don't know much about east coast storms but the weekend one has 850's that are just a little below 0C and no high pressure to the north (retreating high), which seems like a red flag for significant snows unless farther inland. 

I agree, I think it's thread the needle on two counts....a possible whiff to the south, or if it does crawl north there will be little cold sector precip.  Models seem to be hinting at that.  

Hasn't that been par for the course?  Even for us?   South and weak or no cold air.

You guys should all move to Evergreen, Conifer, Castle Rock, or Boulder. They all average over 70" per year, possibly more like 95" at Evergreen. Boulder gets about 85" per year, despite being at the same elevation as Denver. Or perhaps consider Alta, Utah, apparently best skiing in the world, a few minutes from Salt Lake City, around 500" of fluff per year. That's more snow than any place in CO other than Steamboat.

You guys should all move to Evergreen, Conifer, Castle Rock, or Boulder. They all average over 70" per year, possibly more like 95" at Evergreen. Boulder gets about 85" per year, despite being at the same elevation as Denver. Or perhaps consider Alta, Utah, apparently best skiing in the world, a few minutes from Salt Lake City, around 500" of fluff per year. That's more snow than any place in CO other than Steamboat.

what fun would that be....I might as well buy a snow making machine :)

Hope everyone enjoys meteorological spring

attachicon.giftemp2_glob_MAM2015_1jan2015.gif

as bad as last spring and summer sucked, at least we were coming off a historic winter.   Having another miserable spring and summer following a potentially miserable winter, which would have followed a miserable summer and spring.....would be pile on misery.  

as bad as last spring and summer sucked, at least we were coming off a historic winter.   Having another miserable spring and summer following a potentially miserable winter, which would have followed a miserable summer and spring.....would be pile on misery.  

Oh, there is no doubt in my mind that is where we are headed. It seems a lot lately we get a -NAO at some point in early fall, only to be followed up by a +NAO for winter, then back to a -NAO just in time for spring. Hate it! Now granted a -NAO isn't all that for us in winter, but it would be better than this sh@#!

He had 82 inches last winter...

How is that bad?

it was too long, too cold, and followed by a cold spring, cool summer. 

and yeah, went over 12" IMBY twice but they were both marathon events and really not all that exciting. 

it was a fun winter, this winter has been lame. In the end, i'm just ready for a real spring and a proper ring of fire

Never knew you liked summer so much, why stay in Chicago?

For a weather weenie who's first love is relatively frequent severe weather, very few cloudy days and periodic heatwaves, Chicago has one of the best Summer time climos in the US. Besides, weather isn't the only deciding factor for someone when choosing where to live. Otherwise, if I didn't hate being in the middle of nowhere and instead in/near a big city, I would live in a LES belt...

It's probably the coldest city in North America with more than a million people.

I'm pretty sure the folks in Montreal would respectfully disagree...

because chicago rules

Chicago does rule though...

Archived