• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter medium range model pbp I

GaWx

it allows the cold air to travel better across the snowpack up north. It would help keep moderation of air masses from the north to a minimum and it would help the cad areas a lot also to help keep the cold air cold to the north instead of moderating.

Yes but air that cold will only force the storms to be suppressed even further to the south with the highs being that strong so it would dry us out until it retreats north, correct? We want moderate cold not overwhelming cold

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but air that cold will only force the storms to be suppressed even further to the south with the highs being that strong so it would dry us out until it retreats north, correct? We want moderate cold not overwhelming cold

Yeah we do not want super cold dry air but Marion was talking about if we had another arctic blast it would be colder than the one we had earlier this month because of the snowpack up north.

It's less about the degree of the cold and more about the placement of the upper level features. Often, the conditions that produce severe cold this far south also overwhelm the pattern...but not always.

Must be a glitch in the Matrix... On another note... Does any of the energy from this Sunday "clipper system" give the SC mountains any love???

Sent from my iPad

Edit, still must be having issues, this post sent but said I wasn't logged on, and told me an " XML issue has occurred"

Not really :\

Love this run of the GFS. We went from huge suppressed cold coming down to a low in the lakes and cold air all bottled up to the north. WTF lol. 

The other runs hadn't bothered me because I still liked the general look. This one, with that damn low in the lakes and no cold for basically anywhere is what we've had all winter. That's the worst part, it's very believable. It seems like we just can't get out of this pattern.

This is just ridiculous. At least it looks in line with the EURO (ie, no southern stream energy ejecting, northern stream clipper) which means we can probably shut the book on this one.

My bet is the Doc comes in very similar to 12z.

Kind of fun, in a depressing, maniacal sort of way, putting the animations in fast motion and watching that Baja low get squashed like my hopes and dreams in life into Mexico over and over and over and over.

That was a drastic change at h5 . Let's see what the GEFS looks like

Yeah, it was.  In reality, this is a long way off as you well know...and the models are throwing northern stream darts to the south in different locations and with different trajectories affecting how the cold air presses south, and how the energy interacts with the southwest cutoff.  The two things that keep me interested are: 1) the southwest cutoff is capable of injecting a great deal of moisture into the southern states, and 2) cold air is moving south in some form or fashion 

This is just ridiculous. At least it looks in line with the EURO (ie, no southern stream energy ejecting, northern stream clipper) which means we can probably shut the book on this one.

I think you said the exact same thing Tuesday afternoon about the 1 inch of QPF that fell IMBY...

Archived