Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 12 Overrunning Snow/Ice disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL..we aren't going above freezing here. icing al day till flip back to snow

You'll slowly rise because there's no dewpoint feed. You get a latent heat release until the death obs of 32.1F and rain.

Not that there's a lot of qpf anyway. But it will rise above freezing I'm pretty sure.

You'll slowly rise because there's no dewpoint feed. You get a latent heat release until the death obs of 32.1F and rain.

Not that there's a lot of qpf anyway. But it will rise above freezing I'm pretty sure.

One thing which is unique to this is the low dews Still a 28 dew. But this is what we get excited about in a winter with no coastals and sheared out messes..so it's all we've got

One thing which is unique to this is the low dews Still a 28 dew. But this is what we get excited about in a winter with no coastals and sheared out messes..so it's all we've got

It will still rise...you need a dewpoint feed, not just a low starting dewpoint.

A lower starting dewpoint might delay the rise just a bit but in the end, if you don't have a low dewpoint feed, the ice will self-destruct due to latent heat relase. Also the diurnal timing isn't helping either.

Screw the meltdowns in E MA...if they don't want to be in this thread, nobody is forcing them to be here. That's the beauty of a storm thread just for this specific event.

Talk away.

I wouldn't consider 2" an under-achiever there though. That's probably about on par with what I expected in that Rt 2 region in NW MA...maybe 3".

Can really b*tch too much in W MA after Friday and today. Not the best winter but legit snow pack otg now. Today will have me close to 19" ytd.

Can really b*tch too much in W MA after Friday and today. Not the best winter but legit snow pack otg now. Today will have me close to 19" ytd.

Yeah your negative snowfall anomaly isn't as bad as a bit further east. ORH after this morning's few tenths is around 14" for the season which is now building into a double digit anomaly. It should be getting over 2 feet now for the season in an average winter to this date. But at least the ground had a decent pack of 2-3"...got into BOS and it's just patches...though the Charles was frozen solid...only took this past week of cold to do it.

Yeah your negative snowfall anomaly isn't as bad as a bit further east. ORH after this morning's few tenths is around 14" for the season which is now building into a double digit anomaly. It should be getting over 2 feet now for the season in an average winter to this date. But at least the ground had a decent pack of 2-3"...got into BOS and it's just patches...though the Charles was frozen solid...only took this past week of cold to do it.

I average around 55-56". So I'm 1/3 of the way there. Behind but not horrible. Of course w/o the T-Day tree massacre we would be way behind.

Over to IP as I type.

I average around 55-56". So I'm 1/3 of the way there. Behind but not horrible. Of course w/o the T-Day tree massacre we would be way behind.

Over to IP as I type.

You actually might not even be behind...well if you are, it would be by the slimmest of margins. I'd guess you average close to 40" from here on out.

One thing which is unique to this is the low dews Still a 28 dew. But this is what we I get excited about in a winter with no coastals and sheared out messes..so it's all we've got

Fixed.

Steady drizzle has turned into light, almost non-existent drizzle.  Nothing frozen. 34F.

Good call on closing school today.  Teachers and kids will look back and definitely be happy about the extra day come June.

Archived