12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 12 Overrunning Snow/Ice disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dry air. When I was out running early..I could still see the moon thru the flurries/sleet pellets so i knew we were cooked for any snow . I'll take the icing though..Hopefully flips back to snow early enough to top things off with an inch or so tonight

Good luck with that. I think it gets squashed before the colder air moves in. Maybe a coating if lucky. Maybe.

Yup, snow globe as you and I quickly become the only posters in the thread.

They'll close the thread and we'll resort to text messages.

I suspect the snows a little later on will be a bit more substantive than the feathers we've had thus far.  I won't be surprised if we taint a with IP a bit, either.

25.5/24

Flipped to sleet now.  :axe:

It will be interesting to see how quickly it goes back to snow there (assuming it does)...the RAP and NAM lift the mixing up into S VT for a brief time, but then it collapses back SE. Though the precip quickly dries up by then. (not that this system has a whole lot of juice to begin with)

It will be interesting to see how quickly it goes back to snow there (assuming it does)...the RAP and NAM lift the mixing up into S VT for a brief time, but then it collapses back SE. Though the precip quickly dries up by then. (not that this system has a whole lot of juice to begin with)

When do you anticipate that mix making it up here, Will?

Big aggregates.

Sorry mitch.

The thing is guys (mpm, hippy, hubdave), we can't talk about our flakeage because the others might take offense. ... If we only get 2" and underperform, we are considered whiners by the guys who got nothing. ... If we overperform, we can't talk about it either because of the eastern mass people.

.. at least that's my take since reading the meltdowns over the pay few days.

Up to 29 here, which kinda scares me. Over 2" so far. It does look like the sleet is struggling to make that final push, hoping that trend continues.

Sorry mitch.

The thing is guys (mpm, hippy, hubdave), we can't talk about our flakeage because the others might take offense. ... If we only get 2" and underperform, we are considered whiners by the guys who got nothing. ... If we overperform, we can't talk about it either because of the eastern mass people.

Up to 29 here, which kinda scares me. Over 2" so far. It does look like the sleet is struggling to make that final push, hoping that trend continues.

Screw the meltdowns in E MA...if they don't want to be in this thread, nobody is forcing them to be here. That's the beauty of a storm thread just for this specific event.

Talk away.

I wouldn't consider 2" an under-achiever there though. That's probably about on par with what I expected in that Rt 2 region in NW MA...maybe 3".

Sorry mitch.

Who gives a $hit what other people say?  The whining comes from everywhere in here, nit just the "Eastern Folks" since most people in this Forum want the big storm.

Archived