• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 12 Overrunning Snow/Ice disco

Damage In Tolland

50F and icing? Did a coastal front blast through or something?

In my 2+ decades of taking hourly obs I just haven't seen much sfc icing when 2m goes above freezing. If it does it's usually only for an hour or two after having been in the teens just a few hours before. Obviously it happens a lot at night after some rain and then skies clear out and the sfc radiates. Not as much at 33/33 OVC. Anyways...no biggie. His post was funny either way. We need some legit wintry events in here. Talking about black ice in January is sad.

I've noticed it in shady areas around here. When you get rapid temps spikes and the ground is still 20F, the rain ices up a bit. When I was at my parents, the top of the driveway never saw the sun. After a cold spell, rain would briefly ice up the driveway to the point you couldn't park the car because of the slope. It does not last long though. Even last year we had some rain at 36 and that iced up my street in the shady spots. But these were brief events. Not sure about Tolland being above 32 most of the day. 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed it in shady areas around here. When you get rapid temps spikes and the ground is still 20F, the rain ices up a bit. When I was at my parents, the top of the driveway never saw the sun. After a cold spell, rain would briefly ice up the driveway to the point you couldn't park the car because of the slope. It does not last long though. Even last year we had some rain at 36 and that iced up my street in the shady spots. But these were brief events. Not sure about Tolland being above 32 most of the day.

seen it many times but you need low dews

Were you just waiting to pounce on this like a chump? Don't ever you putting anything out there. Congrats on laying awake at night thinking about how to troll DIT

lol nope i just thought it was funny that you were calling out the other poster.

rarely do i put my wx thoughts out there, since i really have no idea what i am talking about. however, usually when talking about back-end snows, it rarely works out well other than flurries here or there.

Archived