12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 12 Overrunning Snow/Ice disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is pretty good. You may be on your way to a halfway decent winter.

Payback for 2012-2013...I think he ended up near average that winter or even below average while central and eastern areas got clocked.

Please don't bring up winter 2012-13 again, lol. I had 56.8" for the season that year with 8" on 2/8/13 and 8.5" on 3/7-8/13, so we were about 16" below normal, despite it being a terrific pattern meteorologically. We just got screwed that year, kind of like SNE did in 2009-10 even though it was a fantastic pattern for big snowstorms. 

Ironically, we had more in 2011-12 due to 10/29/11 with a seasonal total of 65.0". Just goes to show how much a role dumb luck can play sometimes.

The driveway and streets were icing up ..and can be attested by town trucks out salting.

You always seem to have to question me. I could have said it was 40 and you would have said you thought that was too warm. Just let things be sometimes. It's ok not to respond to everything

Which is  why I said this  "Unless he means the cold ground or something. Which then is disturbing because that means he forced himself to walk around and find slippery spots. That poor family."  Followed by this, " I mean the cold ground helping to ice things up." You were not clear.

I had ice when it was 50 before. It's just from conduction with the cold ground.

50F and icing? Did a coastal front blast through or something?

In my 2+ decades of taking hourly obs I just haven't seen much sfc icing when 2m goes above freezing. If it does it's usually only for an hour or two after having been in the teens just a few hours before. Obviously it happens a lot at night after some rain and then skies clear out and the sfc radiates. Not as much at 33/33 OVC. Anyways...no biggie. His post was funny either way. We need some legit wintry events in here. Talking about black ice in January is sad.

Archived