• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 12 Overrunning Snow/Ice disco

Damage In Tolland

Over the last few days we've seen the GGEM and GEFS both sniffing out that this would at least bring snow into SNE..and the Euro finally decided to catch on at 12z yesterday.

The 00z runs now get accumulating snows up into NNE.

Euro ens also fairly bullish

Only thing may have to worry about is far SE coast of SNE for mix or rain before a flip back to snow

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now consensus between EURO GFS GGEM is 1-3"(Maybe 4" in some spots if the EURO/GGEM is right) from central CT north or so with either ZR or RN south of there. I'd be somewhat skeptical though at least for RN considering this is a situation where cold is pressing down from the north and as we've seen recently models usually under do that. Regardless has a good shot at being accumulating snow for many and I like that it's been trending better in the mid range instead of vanishing. Still 3 days to go though, so don't get too excited...

A lot of guidance has ptype issues for at least part of the event for CT/RI/SE MA. GGEM was at least up to the pike. It eventually collapses back SE but this one is a bit of a mess at the moment to forecast.

If that confluence/ s/w can be timed just right, things could break positively for some.

Icy look away from coast on Canadian. My guess is it's way too warm with low level cold pressing

A grand total of 2 of 12 GFS ensemble members are even close to the Canadian and they are still less amped...the one time I want an amped solution since I want no part of freezing rain down here.

I was trying to keep too much model play by play out of this thread as the event is still 3+ days out.

I usually make a general post in these threads after the model suite is entirely out on the state of guidance rather than doing each model play by play in here.

I was trying to keep too much model play by play out of this thread as the event is still 3+ days out.

I usually make a general post in these threads after the model suite is entirely out on the state of guidance rather than doing each model play by play in here.

Good point and as it should be

My bad, I thought that once an event thread was open that trumped the model thread. Sorry!

My bad, I thought that once an event thread was open that trumped the model thread. Sorry!

I think it's fine to post about the models in here but just not in the play by play aspect of it. An example might be "euro is a shade north 48 hours". "850 line extends from BOS to BDL with the 0.10" line at the NH border". That kind of extreme dissection.

In here I'm more bound to post something like "models have decent agreement for a minor snowfall on Monday and Monday night with the Euro and nam most bullish and the GGEM the warm outlier". Something like that. The models do need to be discussed to a point. The purpose of the model thread was to keep the over dissection of every frame out of our other threads and also allow people to post about other storms on the models outside of the current one

Color me even more confused after Wills soliloquy

I didn't think it was that confusing. Going into intricate details of every frame of every model run versus a general overview of what guidance looks like for this system.

But maybe I'm off my rocker.

Archived