joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 12 Overrunning Snow/Ice disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of interesting and up in the air still. Some models suggest it might be a south of the pike deal.

Could be a small window between where precip falls, and the rain snow line is located. Maybe a Hartford to Tolland to ORH, PVD BOS type of thing

I'd definitely favor that area for the best snows right now. South will have more QPF but also mixing issues, and north of there is going to be starved for QPF a bit(Although if that first band of overrunning works out like some guidance has it and hits NNE, it'll be a more widespread event).

Regardless, this is probably like a 2-4" deal for most at the max, which considering what most of us have had so far this winter is a total win.

This is kind of a tedious setup but I do like the way guidance trended today. A little bit more juice to the system. Don't mistake that for being a big event but we may be trending toward advisory snows in some areas if we hold the line or improve a bit.

The northern stream has very subtly trended deeper and if we can pop a little coastal wave at the last second, it gives the system more upside.

The thermal profiles could be an issue early on...esp south of pike and even more so near the south coast. Still another day or two to work out those details.

In the "what can go wrong" department, we could end up with a disorganized precip shield with marginal temps in the early going which leads to coating or something. Conversely we could advect too much warm air in the mid levels, however, I think this scenario is less likely than the first one.

The big detailed picture.

This is like the semi-big, limited cliff notes version in here.

Lol. I think the highly organized, compartmentalized nature of the threads works in theory, but fails in practice.

I've observed the discussion of the pattern, threats, and model runs to be quite disjointed overall. Not a huge fan, but I understand it won't be perfect from the get go.

Edit. This should be in banter. On phone though. Can't do it.

:axe:

Snoozer lol. Wake up after MLK weekend and hope it looks better for something more than a ceiling of 3-4".

For whatever reason getting a nice cold 1/2" QPF run of the mill 6" synoptic snow event somewhere in New England has been impossible the past 3-4 weeks.

I agree with Blizz though...in this pattern you just gotta enjoy every half inch that falls, lol.

I like a widespread 1-3" for the overrunning event. SFC temps look cold, but warming aloft will lead to the standard 10:1 WAA at H7-H8 ratios.

Snoozer lol. Wake up after MLK weekend and hope it looks better for something more than a ceiling of 3-4".

For whatever reason getting a nice cold 1/2" QPF run of the mill 6" synoptic snow event somewhere in New England has been impossible the past 3-4 weeks.

I agree with Blizz though...in this pattern you just gotta enjoy every half inch that falls, lol.

I like a widespread 1-3" for the overrunning event. SFC temps look cold, but warming aloft will lead to the standard 10:1 WAA at H7-H8 ratios.

It's ridiculous. I'm all set with driveway toppers.

Alright. We don't need b**ching in this thread. We have a banter thread for the wrist slitters.

At any rate, I'm still tracking this one. It sucks for those who got a half inch today. But let me tell you, even 2-3" OTG outside right now makes a world of difference.

This next storm could easily drop that for areas like BOS.

Alright. We don't need b**ching in this thread. We have a banter thread for the wrist slitters.

At any rate, I'm still tracking this one. It sucks for those who got a half inch today. But let me tell you, even 2-3" OTG outside right now makes a world of difference.

This next storm could easily drop that for areas like BOS.

we can only pray, it's nauseous. The Euro looked pretty good for an advisory event. But unless it's a foot the insatiable will remain insatiable. Euro actually looked like it could easily ramp up some too.

P

quote name="Ginxy" post="3245275" timestamp="1420859297"]

Nam looks pretty good,cold column about .3 to .5 precip.

It looked like barely 0.1" to me for BOS to ORH, a little more south. Pretty big cutback from the 18z run but it's the LR nam not exactly concerned one way or the other about it.

post-8652-0-40890200-1420860309_thumb.jp

Archived