Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 12 Overrunning Snow/Ice disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Models are nuts this winter for sure!!

This winter is the opposite of last on seasonal trend, it was NW last year it's SE this year, I wouldn't be surprised if this event ticks SE gradually the next 48 hours but I think most of you guys will do fine, I would really like to get us over to sleet here and not FZRA as it looks now

It looks like this is going to be one of those situations where there is a very narrow stripe of advisory level snowfall. It looks like somewhere near the south coast if you believe the GFS NAM solutions. Just a bit farther south and its rain, a county or two north and the precip tapers off fast.

GGEM is colder but still warmer than the NAM/GFS solutions.

LOL..It's funny what you get depending on who is on the shift.

Snow showers with moderate accumulations?

MONDAY...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. MODERATE SNOW ACCUMULATION

POSSIBLE. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S. WEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE

OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.

No reference at all to accumulations up here.  I may need to just hold with the few inches I got yesterday and dream of the GFS system for Thurs/Fri.

NAM is a toaster for SNE, hits the NNE guys pretty decently though. It's a delicate balance between having enough QPF and keeping it cold enough for all/mostly snow. Someone in that lucky band where both verify will hit advisory totals likely, but the majority will probably fall closer to that 1-3" range.

NAM is a toaster for SNE, hits the NNE guys pretty decently though. It's a delicate balance between having enough QPF and keeping it cold enough for all/mostly snow. Someone in that lucky band where both verify will hit advisory totals likely, but the majority will probably fall closer to that 1-3" range.

Not the model that you want either trending north or warm.

Archived