Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a typo... he probably meant to put a + for December rather than -. And I agree, it's been a chilly winter and temp wise, I'm not complaining.

I just wish to see something more substantial than 1-3".

The confusing part is that I don't think he types it. I think software does it. If I can think of it, I'll email him about it tomorrow.

I think we usually have more ebb and flow to our temps. We are capable of snow followed by temps in the 50s for a couple days. This winter has felt consistently chilly, cloudy, and breezy more days than not. Let me put it this way...our cold to snow ratio so far sucks.

The confusing part is that I don't think he types it. I think software does it. If I can think of it, I'll email him about it tomorrow.

I think it's a typo... he probably meant to put a + for December rather than -. And I agree, it's been a chilly winter and temp wise, I'm not complaining.

I just wish to see something more substantial than 1-3".

There's definitely something fishy there. The stats from 2013 show the Dec norm at 35.5 meaning this years 38.5 would be +3. I'm not sure why that's the case. His stats are automated and computer generated.

Oh well, I just was pointing out that the past three months haven't been warm. Even with the error, it's still below normal.

Below is from my final post in the Dec observations thread.  I don't use mean temps as I find them misleading, so the highs and lows are both recorded:.....

Final numbers at OKV:

Highs:  + 2.5F

Lows:   + 6.0F

We had ONE below normal daily low temp for the  entire month (Dec 20, -3F)...the ENTIRE MONTH.  That has to be a record.

... and not one flake of snow (at least imby).  My grass is as green as springtime and growing (hopefully the 17F low this morning will stop that for a while, at least).

Flat-out the worst Dec in my lifetime... and it's not even close.

The Wizards are playing terrible tonight on national TV, i hope the Euro can boost my spirits.

They have a terrible record on the road against good teams. No way you win the conference unless that problem is solved. It might not matter either way because the hawks may not lose another game this year.

They have a terrible record on the road against good teams. No way you win the conference unless that problem is solved. It might not matter either way because the hawks may not lose another game this year.

Watching them more and more i don't think they can even get to the Conference finals, unless they get a very favorable matchup in round 2. No way we beat the Hawks. It would be a miracle if we get the 1 seed, right now i am thinking 3 or 4 is most likely.

Guess we are about to get skunked by the Euro. They are turrible. Wall as good as he is, is just horrific on shooting threes. For all the money he is making he should get his butt in the gym. He lost us the game by taking the three when he was 3 feet behind the line and not even set properly.

Archived