Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just drove my boat and trailer back from near Indian head where my mechanic did a tune up.  All was fine until I got home and it was sleeting at 32 degrees and my steep drive-way was sleet covered. Worried I might have trouble stopping at the bottom of the slope before turning into the garage.   The boat trailer slid a bit but did stop now it's in the garage/boat house but has a coating of sleet all over it. 

Just drove my boat and trailer back from near Indian head where my mechanic did a tune up.  All was fine until I got home and it was sleeting at 32 degrees and my steep drive-way was sleet covered. Worried I might have trouble stopping at the bottom of the slope before turning into the garage.   The boat trailer slid a bit but did stop now it's in the garage/boat house but has a coating of sleet all over it. 

Problems of the rich and famous  ;) . Glad the boat made out okay.

Front page of NBC News.  What do you think of this story on how the NWS cost the east coast millions of dollars?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/blizzard-15/how-nws-cost-east-coast-millions-during-storm-n297031

Everyone always gets all hissy here when NWS gets questioned but it's the only way they're ever going to really transform as they have to if they want to stay relevant. The NYC forecast was a disaster.. people might lose their jobs over similar in the private sector. 

Everyone always gets all hissy here when NWS gets questioned but it's the only way they're ever going to really transform as they have to if they want to stay relevant. The NYC forecast was a disaster.. people might lose their jobs over similar in the private sector. 

True but I think people take Private forecasting just as seriously as NWS forecasting. For example TWC and Accuweather together take up a good chunk of the market if not the majority. I think I understand what you are implying by 'staying relevant' tho.

Archived