Newest Member
    Toothache
12/20 Pre Grinch Mood Snows

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, the OES should have prevented that. :lol:

I never said oes prevented that. I understand this isn't like a noreaster with subsidence. I don't know why you can't understand that the convergence was all south of me...always is because of the angle of the coastline. You were adamant that a sw independant of the oes would give my area snow. I said Chances are that it wouldn't. I was right. The end. Not complicated.

I never said oes prevented that. I understand this isn't like a noreaster with subsidence. I don't know why you can't understand that the convergence was all south of me...always is because of the angle of the coastline. You were adamant that a sw independant of the oes would give my area snow. I said Chances are that it wouldn't. I was right. The end. Not complicated.

All I said was to give it a chance. If it ends up north and south of you like it seems to be so far, I can't chalk it up to anything more than some crappy synoptic luck. 

All I said was to give it a chance. If it ends up north and south of you like it seems to be so far, I can't chalk it up to anything more than some crappy synoptic luck.

Ray is making it sound way more cut and dried than it is. It's correct to never "expect" much in these but it is patently false that his area gets nothing most of the time in inverted troughs.

Ray is making it sound way more cut and dried than it is. It's correct to never "expect" much in these but it is patently false that his area gets nothing most of the time in inverted troughs.

I never expect much from oes or inverted troughs and I was patently correct. I expected NOTHING from this, not all inverted troughs, and I was right.

Fair enough. All I meant was it's unwise to invest much in these type of setups.

I guess the way look at it, is that if a C-1" doesn't work out...it's not the end of the world. The models all had meager QPF. It would be a lot worse if a forecast of 8-12 turned out to be 2-4 or something like that. Missing out on a coating? Eh.

I guess the way look at it, is that if a C-1" doesn't work out...it's not the end of the world. The models all had meager QPF. It would be a lot worse if a forecast of 8-12 turned out to be 2-4 or something like that. Missing out on a coating? Eh.

Ok, sure....missing out on 8-12" would be worse. Never argued That.

Best chances for 2"? I'd draw a line from Plymouth, SW to Providence, NW to ORH, then NE to about the tip of Cape Ann. I like Scituate, Weymouth, Quincy, Brockton, Milton, Deadham, Canton right now, that southern portion of 128 and the beginning of the route 3 trip to the Cape. I like that area now but that could move in the next 24 hours.

On Cape Ann, I think a good gradient in snowfall. A place like Lynn will tickle into the better snows while Newburyport is flurries and 10sm. :lol: Andover might be alot like Newburyport.

I'm not optimistic about this one here. Just expecting mood flakes, with perhaps a dusting.

This smells like a Milton, Canton, Stoughton weenie jackpot in this setup.

I know everyone is sort of splitting hairs, but seems as if we are all on the same page to me. I think Ray definitely had reason to be pessimistic yesterday, but I think it's surprising that much of the area did not end up with at least a coating as we expected.

That north wind really ruined things yesterday. You could see the dry air eating away at the bands as they tried to get further north. The BOX radar had me snowing last night for hours, but the higher res BOS TDWR was picking up on the winds blowing the snow south and had nothing overhead. JFK Library was snowing while not a flake here .7sm away. 

Just drove back from Boston.  Canton / Walpole looks Amazing!  And I am Betting that Blue Hills had the Jackpot.  Seemed like it was around there on radar and whenever BH is close it wins.  Looked like it had 2.5" from 95.  Totally covered.  Beautiful Beautiful drive back.  Snowing at home with 0.25" on Natural surfaces / Things Not made by man lol.  Love today.  

I know I have to save as many smiles today as possible since this is it before Christmas.  I'm going to warn you all that I'm going to be the Biggest Bah Humbag on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  When CE is 50 and C. Night is 50 and CD is 50 with Heavy Rain throughout, I'm going to make the Grinch look like Jesus himself.  

:snowman:  :grinch:  :cory:

Archived