Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
12/20 Pre Grinch Mood Snows

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let this be s lesson to you. Never depends on mesoscale proccesses such as s norlun, inverted trough, or oes for snow in this area. Just tune out in those instances.Class dismissed.

It depends tho, your area has done well many times on inverted troughs...probably the most notable one since being on the boards for you was the 12/20/07 event that gave you like 7 inches.

The lesson is more like never set expectations veyr high in them as they are difficult to pin down.

Though I will say I'm happy that I called that Canton/Milton/Stoughton jack...they've done well.

It depends tho, your area has done well many times on inverted troughs...probably the most notable one since being on the boards for you was the 12/20/07 event that gave you like 7 inches.

The lesson is more like never set expectations veyr high in them as they are difficult to pin down.

Though I will say I'm happy that I called that Canton/Milton/Stoughton jack...they've done well.

About 2-3" or so just to my south, a bit inland. Was a decent little event and about what I expected..I figured maybe 2 since I was unsure how ptype would work out. I think the rt 24 area got 1-2 as well. I thought my area would do well QPF wise. It was a mix all night until it flipped again when I left this morning. The meso models did well in showing the QPF and this little tuck of cold pulled south.

I wish I took some last night on the way home. It was one of those surreal drives with snow caked on everything. Darkness doesn't work well though.

That's the only kind of snow I care about tbh. There was that storm last January where I got 10" that sublimated to 7" 12 hours later and it was totally meh. I got barely an inch after the second Nov storm but it caked to everything and was amazing.

I KNEW that you would reply citing that specific event....not anyone else...you. :lol:

My point remind, 99/100 times you will be better served to expect nothing in this area...ESPECIALLY when ors is significantly involved.

I mean, it was plain as day that all of the convergence was over the s shore, just bypassing this area.

Folks can argue all they want, but we got nothing here.

Fact, not opinion.

I was right.

OES snow is very mesoscale and does not screw up the synoptics in other places though. The lift is shallow and concentrated, there is no subsidence exhaust. The snow I thought you would see is a bit to your north, Ray. There still may be some light stuff blossoming later this morning and aftn. So instead of C-1", maybe a coating. My co-worker in Westford had a dusting as well. Hit and miss stuff last night. Even Kevin had a coating.

OES snow is very mesoscale and does not screw up the synoptics in other places though. The lift is shallow and concentrated, there is no subsidence exhaust. The snow I thought you would see is a bit to your north, Ray. There still may be some light stuff blossoming later this morning and aftn. So instead of C-1", maybe a coating. My co-worker in Westford had a dusting as well. Hit and miss stuff last night. Even Kevin had a coating.

Radar starting to blow up now..Looks like the 1-2 we thought still coming FTW

Archived