joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope the pattern change happens. I realize it's ten days away but it looks like the models are showing a cutter on x-mass atleast that's what is being said in the Dec 20th storm thread witch would really suck... Hopefully the pattern changes after that storm!!!!!!!

Here are the facts.

11 weeks until spring.

2 weeks left in December

5 weeks in January

4 weeks in February

Sure you may get a snow in March, but the sun angle melts it in day.

It may be time to admit, December is a bust.

January is forecasted to be a rockin month.

Shake, rattle and snow baby!

My snowpack last year lasted until something like March 20, without any major additions after the Valentine's Day storm...

Quite possible, LNG hasn't budged and is still below $4. I'd watch natural gas market right along with the long range.

Been long Jan  . In Nov we crushed it but sitting on hands now and watching my curve decay everyday  . 

The problem  is crude is dragging everything down with it .

The MKT will need to see the 1st  missed draw number to the upside in order to squeeze everyone  .

the old tried and true cold & dry period. Too much cold air forces a southern slider storm track.

poking the stick in the fire, January is supposed to be cold right...

its winter, it will be cold and  it will snow lol. i may start a rising confidence thread about it getting warm starting between june 1st and  june 15th

I'm just feeding into it lol….honestly the pattern looks great going forward. i agree with you.

also still highly supportive of ur ban list 

Euro Ens. look freakin sweet, I don't get all the negativity towards this winter. Is it because of Dec? Analogs for ENSO, PDO, etc... That I have seen posted on this site, and other places, had a tendency to have a rather average Dec. in this area. With Jan. - Mar. being the more favorable timeframe. I don't think we get left in the cold and dry garbage either this year, not with the active STJ. Just my opinion

This place has become such a joke its not even funny. I can understand why the mods just let this forum run wild.

It's like a bad comedy/drama that never seems to end... however, on the outside looking in, it's pretty entertaining. 

I do wish there was less badgering and more analysis, though. For someone like myself always trying to learn more about the weather, it can be kinda annoying having great discussion being broken up by some posters bickering about nonsense.

I applaud those who constantly post meaningful analysis and data to this forum and those who contribute to it in a positive way. You know who you are.  :)

I believe that this banter board should be used as such.....for banter. What happens here is not banter

ban·ter

ˈban(t)ər/

noun

THE PLAYFUL AND FRIENDLY EXCHANGE of teasing remarks.

"there was much singing and good-natured banter"

synonyms: repartee, witty conversation, raillery, wordplay, cut and thrust, kidding, ribbing, badinage, joshing

"a brief exchange of banter"

verb

verb: banter; 3rd person present: banters; past tense: bantered; past participle: bantered; gerund or present participle: bantering

talk or exchange remarks in a good-humored teasing way.

"the men bantered with the waitresses"

synonyms: joke, jest, quip; More

I'll be honest here.....The interactions I've had with Pamela have been nothing but pleasant. She is a very knowledgeable person who's posts clearly reflect that. She also seems to have a good sense of humor. For someone just taking a quick peek into the forum, it may appear as if she is starting issues with a bunch of people. The way I see it is that most of the people having "issues" with Pamela are the same ones that seem to post about nothing other than the "issues" that they have with people. Pamela does speak with conviction which seems to bother some people, causing them to attack with cheap shots.

Here is the difference between Pamela and her recent "negative" posts and most of the other people's : Because of her knowledge and experience with the weather, she truly contributes to the board in subjects pertaining to WEATHER. Most of those criticizing and speaking with conviction against her.....seem to be experts of coming up with clever comebacks and derogatory remarks. Not weather.....not one bit.

Sorry.....I enjoy reading the board more than I do making posts on this board and lately it's been argument after argument, so I wanted to chime in and give my 2 cents. For those taking a quick look, dig a bit deeper and you may see what I mean

Uch. We (NYC and immediate surrounding areas) haven't had a whopper of a snow storm (12" or greater) since January 2011. That's almost 4 years. No wonder everyone's up each other's asses around here - that's like not having sex for four years! I'd be pretty frustrated too! May 2015 deliver us the KU storm of the century to satiate our burning desires for lots of white fluffy stuff!

Archived